X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
    I'm afraid such comparisons wouldn't make it any better (for me) and I guess it would be best to leave it that this kind of womenswear aesthetic isn't my cup of tea, as I guess has clearly surfaced and respect that there are different taste levels out there, even at SZ where it's maybe a little more homogenic of an artistic consense than is at TFS. And yes, I would have probably said exactly the same, would anyone bring up discussions on other brands I was mentioning before.

Besides that, I am however having difficulties to follow the argumentation why it would be positive to describe a collection by putting it (stylistically) next to other people's work, while someone like Kazuyuki Kumagai's oeuvre is being criticized for having stylistic resemblances to other designers. I wouldn't even go as far as to say that there are no separate Masnada pieces I could like, it's just the overall aesthetic feel that I find very untimely, uniform and without progression to what I've seen and sold for many years.
    I feel the whole inspiration/comparison to be quite grating as there is no denying that every label draws some inspiration from somewhere, someone else, something.. Whether it's sistere drawing from Julius, Individual Sentiments drawing from the continues line, Devoa drawing form the continues line, Rick drawing from classic sportswear pieces, julius drawing from military wear, Ann drawing from pirates of the caribbean and Oliver Twist.. Unfortunately I am guilty of comparison too.. Many times, I mean what else can we say? ..

I feel with Kazuyuki though it's becoming more clear that it's not just inspiration drawn, but a lack of coherency, his collections are lacking flow.. If shown together unfortunately the last four seasons just seem like a slapdash scrapbook of moods, materials and minor visions.. As much as I was hoping for things to come together for him, for things to fall into place it just hasn't happened. Everything is there, great craftsmanship, great materials, great lines.... It just lacks that glue..

As already mentioned, I guess I can only now look forward to great clothes but not that vision I usually like to feel along with the fabrics..

Here's to hoping this changes sometime in the future...
    WTB: This

Comment

• gawkrodger
      • Jun 2013

Bumping an old thread

I see they now do a menswear line which is (comparatively) reasonably priced (albeit derivative in places).

Anyone know any stockists? Layers have it in but, unless everything fits very small, only in large sizes

Comment

• nicelynice
        • Oct 2009

Col in Japan has a... down parka and a belt. I know it's not much, but here's some pictures:

Comment

• kamsky
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
          Bumping an old thread

I see they now do a menswear line which is (comparatively) reasonably priced (albeit derivative in places).

Anyone know any stockists? Layers have it in but, unless everything fits very small, only in large sizes

Archive in SF carries a few pieces. (Also, this might be more appropriate in the small questions thread?)

Comment

• FriedChicken
            • Aug 2014

Saw Some Of Their Stuff In NY

Saw some masnada mens at a popular discount department store in NYC. Quality Was quite decent except for the collar on one leather. Most of their fabrics were very thin but construction was good. Hmm i would like some more info on the brand. Dont see much up there. Style reminded me a lot of carol on a lot of the pieces. especially the articulated elbows and stiching
            "white painted toad leather case, goats eye cock ring"

Comment

• jap808
              • Dec 2012

Tabo store (in Italy, but ships worldwide) regularly has lots of pieces in store and some sales on-line

As gawk said: reasonably priced, but derivative in places... my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎