• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldschoolnyc
    • Apr 2012

question

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    Thanks O,

My staff can tell you no one wears ZB harder than I do, and I am on top of their a** if I am wearing something and a button falls of or it rips somewhere. with the question being, what will I tell a client if something such as this should happen to something we send out???

I come in in the morning, and I am under the sewing machines fixing them, I am cutting fabric, i am making patterns, I am running around to fabric suppliers carrying fabric rolls on my shoulder. I am dyeing fabric and doing things most people probably don't do in designer clothes, and the stuff has to perform under these conditions.

I didn't come up under any of the great names, I didn't have the money to pour into a brand like other people had, all I had was my skills that I had honed on my own for many years, because sewing has saved me and kept me alive in ways you guys would never imagined.
    It was from encouragement from people Like Faust, like Laika, Raw Edge etc, why I am here and succeeding at this. Support from guys like Lowrey and Christian among many others who buy the products.
    It was a recommendation from GBS that gave us the biggest store client we have in Japan, of which we are told we are the best selling label in the store having a 95% sell through last season. something unheard of for a lot of designers..........

As I have told many of our friends, the image if ZB is not as cohesive as it should be but we are working on that, but there is one thing I am certain of as I am certain of out lagging image. There are few in this business who is as good a technician at making clothes as I am, and I say this not with an intent of boasting, but being incredibly thankful to God for the blessings I have of this talent, and being incredibly thankful to my supporters who buy the products I make because they have saved me from a miserable existence and has allowed me to have a business and a profession that I truly enjoy, rather than feeling that my talent and skill provides me with any special entitlement. every day I come in to Zfactorie I am happy, as I have some of the best people working for me, some who would not otherwise have jobs, some that I have trained that are very good at what they do now. The reason why I stick around on SZ, and give you guys some of the best deals is because this business would not have been where it is without this forum. Yes we have gotten to a point where we could survive without SZ now, but for me that would be a sign of ungratefulness and unthankfulness........something ZB will never be known for.
    hi everyone i am new here and i just thought i would say that i enjoyed reading all your comments and seeing all the details from your photos!! it is nice to see all the appreciation for fashion as an art form!!

zam-
    sorry i don't know who you are talking about here"It was from encouragement from people Like Faust, like Laika, Raw Edge etc, why I am here and succeeding at this. Support from guys like Lowrey and Christian among many others who buy the products."

keep up the good work!!

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

THE "WEIGHTLESS" SERIES

The weightless series is a set of garments that are designed with the intention of being as light as possible for summer while retaining the structural integrity of the pieces. They are not weightless in the sense of having no weight at all, but are designed using the lightest possible fabrics we could find that are suitable for the garments. The garments are then designed to first minimize, then spread the weight out so that they feel like having almost nothing on when worn.

For example, the blazer is cut and sewn without shoulder pads, a single piece of interfacing is used in the front to retain the shape, there is absolutely no lining in the blazer. the traditional hair canvas we use in our blazers was ditched in favor of a tricot fusing to retain structure and minimize the weight. The pockets on the blazer were cut and sewn using the least number of pieces needed to retain the design so that the resulting garment was as light as possible.
      The linen used in the blazer is a lightweight "shirting" with a tightly woven weave so as not to compromise the strength and durability of the garments.

There are two shirts along with the blazer in this series. The first shirt is a long sleeve linen shirt with longer sleeves and a shorter torso. The second shirt alternates these proportions with the short sleeves being slightly shorter than normal and the torso length slightly longer. The collars on both shirts are cut smaller, again to reduce weight. The shirts are cut without a back yoke, again to reduce weight........

pictures are shown to give an idea of the weight of the fabrics, very thin, but kind of dense as the linen is tightly woven and certainly not sheer.

Blazer Front

Blazer Inside

Blazer Inside detail II

Blazer Collar

Blazer Collar Back

Blazer Pocket

Blazer Fabric Close up
      Last edited by zamb; 04-09-2012, 07:38 PM.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Short sleeve "Weightless" shirt

Long sleeve "Weightless" shirt

"Weightless" shirt collar

"Weightless" shirt Pocket detail

"Weightless" Fabric Shot I

"Weightless" Fabric Shot II

"Weightless" Shirt Inner Construction
        Last edited by zamb; 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
          • Jun 2011

Those weightless pieces are fantastic. When will those be available?
          -v_o_t
          sale items

Comment

• RORORO
            • May 2010

Nice, I've been looking for a blazer like that.

Comment

• Xhale12
              • Jan 2012

Do the minimalist j jeans stretch much in the waist? There a bit tight right now and am wondering whether or not I want to size up.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Xhale12 View Post
                Do the minimalist j jeans stretch much in the waist? There a bit tight right now and am wondering whether or not I want to size up.
                Yes they do, the painters canvas is prewashed at a very high temperature to preshrink the fabric before making the garment, it does stretch some after wearing, so i would say expect some stretching but not crazy so,

I will send you a pm about other matters..............

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Hello All,

Just wanted to give a quick update that the Long version of the Summer Stock is finally ready

to request a copy of this please email us at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

we will be happy to send it to you
                  if you have requested it before and not received it, please we ask you to send this request again so that we can sent it over to you.

We are still selling items from the Spring list, so please see the Summer items as an addition of the Stick rather than a replacement.............

Blessings
                  ZB

Comment

• rawrimabear
                    • Feb 2011

Wow, I'm loving the look of the "Weightless" blazer Zamb. I always look forward to seeing your work. Shirts look great too.

Comment

• Xhale12
                      • Jan 2012

Zam what designers do you believe are most compatible with your clothing? Who do you find yourself wearing most often in conjunction with your pieces?

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Xhale12 View Post
                        Zam what designers do you believe are most compatible with your clothing? Who do you find yourself wearing most often in conjunction with your pieces?
                        these are two different questions, of which I dont know if I can answer exactly, but lets see............I like very specific things, and basically have worn different variations of exactly the same things my entire adult life. there are a lot of stuff that I design, that I like as objects but dont actually wear.

I wear boots mostly, and very simple sneakers, I dont like "casual" shoes.
                        For boots// shoes I only wear Carpe Diem and CCP, I have other older shoes from different designers, but structurally/ aesthetically the are the same........simple with just the one odd detail to make them interesting.
                        I wear slim jeans in dark colors...........now only my own and DRKSHDW
                        I Used to wear a lot of Dries and Margiela, but they dont must interest me anymore.........

I have some Ann pieces but that about it, now i just wear my own, as I make what I want to wear.
                        I think the biggest purchases are always shoes........everybody knows by now that I'm a big shoe Junkie

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

ZB at Layers

ZB at Ink

I like the fact that they are two separate buys that overlap nicely.
                          I'm in love with the Layers images........
                          Somehow I need this black "borg" jacket!

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Lots more updates to come in the next few days...........

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Hello All,

we will be having our season "Pre Paris Sale" beginning in two days.
                              Lots of great pants, shorts, tees, blazers, shirts, belts, scarves, and even a few leather pieces that can be had at 30-50% off.

for inquiries, please email the studio at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Hello All,

We would just like to inform our friends and clients that the updated list of available items in the prep Paris sale, which officially begins tomorrow is now ready.

To request a copy of the list please contact the studio via email at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

We would also like to say that in the past there were some issues with clients receiving tracking numbers and such, we will be updating this post with a special email to send this request as we have someone who will be dealing with this in a prompt and efficient manner.

there are lots of nice items that will be on sale, Please check the list as not all items are available in all sizes as a lot of items have been sold

there are lots of pants

• DNA Jeans

• Z-1 standards
                                • Minimalist J Jeans
                                • Tri Panel overlocked pants............

• A lot of shorts for the summer
                                • Tees
                                • shorts
                                • Blazers
                                • Belts
                                • scarves
                                • etc etc etc..............

please inquire and check the listings for items you may be interested in

Sale officially begins tomorrow at noon.

blessings
                                ZB

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎