X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Hello All

Just a few quick updates we have been relatively quiet the last few weeks as we have been very busy, moving the studio to a new location and taking care of a few things to be able to serve our clients better.

Below is the updated information for our Studios along with the Phone number to reach us:

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie
    220 36th Street Brooklyn, NY. Studio B516

Tel: 646-649-0140
    email: dialogue@zambarrett.com

Also,

below is a list of retailers who will be carrying the brand for FW12 season, some stores have received their order already and the others are on their way.

Ink..................... Hong Kong
    Ink.................... Bejing
    John Bull.............Japan
    AL Select........... Japan
    Layers............... London
    Ohm.................Kiev
    Downtown........ San Francisco
    Zfactorie...........Brooklyn

there may be another US based store but we will announce that soon.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

For the sustainable crew...........

Sleeveless "Zero" Jacket
      From SS13 "Enkidu" Collection
      Cotton and Linen patchwork on Painters Canvas overdyed black

Militia "Zero" Jeans

From SS13 "Enkidu" Collection
      Cotton and Linen patchwork on Painters Canvas overdyed black

Fit Pic of Sleeveless "Zero" Jacket

Last edited by zamb; 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Raw
        • Oct 2009

Wow those 2 pieces look great, especially the jeans.
        Are they one offs for the showroom or will they be available?

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Raw View Post
          Wow those 2 pieces look great, especially the jeans.
          Are they one offs for the showroom or will they be available?

thanks

No they are not one offs.............we sold a lot of the jackets to stores that will be carrying them for SS13,
          we did sell some of the jeans to stores too, but the jacket was a better seller in the showroom
          but as I said elsewhere, i think this will become a project with a life if its own, and you may see several items even for FW12 based around this concept.............

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Preview of the first iteration of project Zero.

Tokyo / New York / London / San Francisco / Seattle / Beijing
            19 Pairs of pants.

Five stores.

Overdyed. Overlocked. Waxed. Ash Grey. Soft J. DNA. Black.

Each store will receive an exclusive set of pants, specifically customized for its local clientele.
            Made from some of the finest Cottons and Linens formerly used for interior decor of the British Monarchy. these are Archived 1970's vintage fabrics that are given new life in Projekt Zero. each pants comes with its own leather and linen tote bag packaging and a special edition leather bound booklet detailing the process of pants.............

Coming to a store near you.....................

Comment

• Zam, I really like this preview of p.Z. Close-ups looks really great with this rotten greenish-gray overdye. And two Enkidu pieces is really new side of your work, even if I don't get this patchy theme, strong military shape of sleeveless jkt touch my heart. It'll be very interesting, if your work will go to this direction (and no no no, I don't want to compare ZB with other brands)), something less grungy than Horikawa's pieces, but with the same strong shapes.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Jin,

thanks for the kind words,
                we are slowly evolving the collection to incorporate a wider range of influences that before. sometimes its a matter of resources and time.
                the military references are something which we will explore further, along with the tailoring roots of the brand which is something we had downplayed for the last few seasons.

Here are a few more images from Projekt Zer0, which is essentially an overlapping but separate project from the mainline.

Sleeveless Zero jacket already shown above but better image here.

fit pics of Current season Projekt Zer0 pants.

Overlocked Soft J Jeans

Drop Crotch DNA Jeans

Comment

• kagitsune
                  • Nov 2010

Ooh, the drop-crotch DNA jeans... i want one in gray when available!

Okay, fit pics time, and a n00b question:
                  I recently got my pair of Zamb's Minimalist J jeans in black painter's canvas. Best pair of jeans I've owned. :D

But I've got a question about the twist: Right now, when I put on the jeans, I twist the "J" seam forward and towards the instep. This pushes the inseam behind and towards the outside of my leg. This sort of "forces" the twist, with the seams ending up "switched" at the ankle.

Problem is, I sort of have to "hold" the twist with either socks or boots, or else it untwists and I end up with unattractive bunching at the sides of my knees. I know these kinds of jeans typically need to be broken in. Should I just keep forcing the twist until they stay that way on their own?
                  Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
                  From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

First off,
                    let me say the jeans look good on you, fit you quite well as a woman,
                    its always interesting to me to see how different clients style thee items in their own way. My only issue is with the brown boots, but thats a rather minor issue

i think for the twisting you should have bought the DNA Jeans instead,

the Minimalist J Jeans does allow for some stacking but it was intended to be a "softer" less aggressive looking jeans than the DNA,

Surely you can twist them the way you did as i have seen people who do it that way, but if you want more twisting/ stacking, the DNA jeans is best for that,

thanks again
                    ZB

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Hello to all Friends, Loved Ones and Lovers.

We cannot thank SZ, its members and lurkers enough for the support we have received over the last two and half years in helping to make ZB what is has become today.
                      Sometimes we hate to state this at I think everyone knows how much the support we received from this forum has allowed us to grow as a company, at a pace that would never be possible had this not been the case.

As we had announced earlier this year, that we would be moving to a new, bigger location, which we did........we are still in the process of putting the finishing touches on the space. the factory portion of the space is complete and is now bigger, with a lot more equipment and working space that will allow us to make better quality products, be more efficient in our production and by extension allow the customer to receive better products and services than before. this is what we have be striving and continue to strive for.

We have come to the end of the Spring Summer season, and we are about to release new items for the FW12 season. The format for the FW 12 season will be different. Officially opening October 1. 2012 there will exist Zfactorie, a physical store located in the same space as our workrooms and a web store. the physical store will allow all our clients and friends who live in, and those who visit New York to come to our space, try stuff on and see a full range of products that we produce which is not possible elsewhere.

This is still a work in progress as we have zero experience in this area and we are still learning by trial and error along with consulting with our friends who have more experience in this regard than we do.

The web-store will start rather small with a limited range of products (more limited than what will actually be available for sale) to give us the feel of what works and what doesn't in running a web-store so please we ask for your patience with this.

The physical store will double as both a showroom and a store, where we can host our friends and clients, you can come read books, drink a glass of champagne, talk crap (about politics, religion etc ) and check out the work in person.............

Again,
                      here is the contact information for us, with a physical phone line now, where along with email you can contact us for whatever you need,

Zam Barrett Dialogue
                      220 36th Street # B516
                      Brooklyn NY, 11232

dialogue@zambarrett.com

Telephone: 646 649 0140

Here is a rundown of items that we will be carrying for the FW12 season:

1. Gloved Echadh Seam top
                      2. Contrast panel raglan knit
                      3. Reversible Faulted Shoulder top
                      4. Sleeveless hooded long Vest
                      5. Long Razor Coat
                      6. Multi Pocket Long Shirt
                      7. Single Vent Slim Blazer
                      8. A Tank. (Heavier F/W) Version)
                      9. Minimalist Slim pants (Completely new Style)
                      10. Waxed DNA jeans (New Fabric treatment)
                      11. Soft J Jeans (Completely New Style)
                      12. Drop Crotch DNA Jeans (Limited Edition from Projekt Zero)

there will be a lot more items such as belts, bags, scarves, beanies etc, with some items being released earlier than others, so please check with us again soon for more updates.

thanks again for the continued support,

Blessings
                      ZB

Comment

• kagitsune
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        First off,
                        let me say the jeans look good on you, fit you quite well as a woman,
                        its always interesting to me to see how different clients style thee items in their own way. My only issue is with the brown boots, but thats a rather minor issue

i think for the twisting you should have bought the DNA Jeans instead,

the Minimalist J Jeans does allow for some stacking but it was intended to be a "softer" less aggressive looking jeans than the DNA,

Surely you can twist them the way you did as i have seen people who do it that way, but if you want more twisting/ stacking, the DNA jeans is best for that,

thanks again
                        ZB
                        Hey, thanks! I love the way they fit. Room in all the right places. xD Yeah, I shoulda taken your original advice on the DNA pants. ^^; I guess I'll have to try some on when I visit the new store (!!!). :D

And yeah, I don't have any non-brown flat boots at the moment. Will invest once I start work (wherever/whenever that may be).

Congrats on opening the new vertical production space. It's the way to go, really. :D
                        Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
                        From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Dear friends,
                          On Wednesday 10.10.2012 there will be a new chapter added to our journey here at Zam Barrett Dialogue. This date signifies the commencement of ZFACTORIE the Web Store. The web store will serve to ultimately offer a complete range of Zam Barrett products and to provide an access point to clients all over the world who do not have a physical store carrying Zam Barrett products in their community.

The web store will be launched offering a small selection of items from the FW12 collection along with a few exclusive non seasonal products. Not all items offered for the FW12 season will be available via the web store as we will continue to keep a certain distinction between what is carried in some store and what is available in our web store, although there will be some overlapping of certain categories of products.

We welcome your support, but we also urge you to visit the local stores in your Country and cities that carry our work as we are of the view shopping online is no substitute for seeing and experiencing the work in person.
                          We will be offering limited stock in order to get a feel of how best to run this venture see what best suits us as a company and offers the best experience to our clients at large.

The physical ZFACTORIE showroom/ store will also be open in Brooklyn soon and an announcement will be made regarding that in its proper time
                          Feel free to email us with whatever comments, feedback and suggestions you might like.
                          We thank you all again for being our fans, supporters and clients on this amazing journey

Blessings
                          ZB and the team

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Hello All,

We would like to take this time to apologize to our loyal friends, fans and supporters regarding the delay in the launching of the Zfactorie Web Store. We have been receiving numerous emails and phone calls regarding the launch as the official launched date was originally scheduled to be, 10. 10. 2012.

However there are still some technical issues that needs to be ironed out and we are working very earnestly to resolve these. I trust that whatever delays we may have will be resolved soon an we can make a formal announcement in the next day or two with a link to the store for all to have.

The store will be launched with about 12 - 15 items just so we can get a feel of managing it before we add more items as we go along.

There are a lot of products available for the FW 2012 season that will not be immediately available but feel free to contact the studio for inquiries regarding what we have as there is a lot of nice items available now.

Thanks again for ll the love and we look forward to your continued support as we work to give you the great products you all appreciate
                            Last edited by zamb; 10-12-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are please to finally announce that ZFACTORIE, the official web store of Zam Barrett Dialogue is open for business

Please feel free to visit the store, check it out and let us know what your thoughts are.
                              The store is open and ready for business and you can feel free to shop with confidence.
                              There are a lot of items available for the fall winter 2012 season that we will be adding to the store in the next couple of weeks as not all items are listed at the moment. We will also be adding coupon codes and discounts certificate for all our early shoppers,

Please register and sign up for our news letter so that we can stay in touch with you
                              The shop can be viewed at: shop.zambarrett.com

All feedback and comments are appreciated
                              Feel free to send me your feedback and comments at: dialogue@zambarrett.com

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

those waxed linen pants look terrific... im sure your retailers wish they saw that (or was available to order)
                                :P

when you have time z, holla at me

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎