X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Zam Barrett Suit

So we had a slightly interesting situation a few days ago, where I had a dialogue with a client of ours who is a member here on SZ
    he has bought a lot of stuff from us, but surprisingly he said he did not know that we made suits.........

Its often interesting to me that the general perception of our brand seems to be that we make interesting high quality pants, some really good tops, bags, but really not much more.

Well, there is a lot of things that we do here, and tailoring is really a strong point of ours, to which we intend to place more emphasis in the near future as we make efforts to create better quality products and alter the perception of our brand to fit its original mission.

Here is a Custom suit we made for a client in Canada who is also a member of SZ,

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

Zamb, albeit through the looking glass, watching you carefully refine your brand by sharing personal experiences and [almost tangible] visual dialogue makes your success all the sweeter. Keep the mojo going...and the vision sharp.

Comment

• andrewrockstar
        • Sep 2012

Hi, Zam. Bought in Ohm your minimalistic J jeans from fw11. Just want to say, that they are awesome! I'm wearing them with pleasure.

Comment

• kagitsune
          • Nov 2010

Striped lining + curved pockets = done. 8 D
          Oh yes, please offer up more of this tailoring service!!
          Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
          From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
            Zamb, albeit through the looking glass, watching you carefully refine your brand by sharing personal experiences and [almost tangible] visual dialogue makes your success all the sweeter. Keep the mojo going...and the vision sharp.
            thanks J,
            you know it means a lot to me coming from you,
            and expect big things from us in the New Year!

Originally posted by kagitsune View Post
            Striped lining + curved pockets = done. 8 D
            Oh yes, please offer up more of this tailoring service!!
            N, I did get your message, happy to hear the good news, I will contact in in a bit!

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by andrewrockstar View Post
              Hi, Zam. Bought in Ohm your minimalistic J jeans from fw11. Just want to say, that they are awesome! I'm wearing them with pleasure.

thanks Andrew, enjoy the pants!

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Hello All,

Just a few updates as we get busy and turn our attention to the FW13 season.

• the studio id formally closed to custom orders until February 2013. if you would like to make a request for a custom order you can still contact us but no completion and delivery of new orders will be done until then.

• Regular purchases can still be made through the web store of what remains of the FW2012 stock. the final markdowns for our seasonal Pre Paris sale will be made tomorrow (Dec 26) and we will not go below 50% so in the even you need something please do not wait, feel free to make a purchase now
                • All clients having pending orders, whether it be custom orders or otherwise feel free to contact us via email or PM to make inquiries.
                • We will not be restocking any items for the FW2012 season, however there are a lot of items available that are not listed on the web store, so feel free to make an inquiry if you like.

blessings to all and be safe in this festive season!

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

---THE VICISSITUDES OF BEING---

Heading out from the office now, as there is only a few hours left in this old year and we welcome the new. the almighty will always be praised for his blessings towards me. As we look forward to 2013, we share a preview of the FW 2013 collection pieces in progress with you

Thank you all from the depths of my heart
                  Blessings to you all, from myself and the Zfactorie team

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

one year old friend...

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post

one year old friend...

baaad!

Ive gotten too fat for mine!
                      you gonna wet your pants this FW13 season
                      best Jacket we produced and its coming back in the new collection for FW13 with a lot of improvements

I loved this leather but it was a little too thick and took long to break in,
                      the newer version has a higher collar than this one that frames the wearers face better,
                      available in both goat and horse, a much softer more pebbled goat and also in an overlocked version in horse,

lots of leather coming this season, with a lot more tailoring and some really great fabrics
                      a lot of old classics updated but also a lot of new ideas..........

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

the canvas on the z-1 standards has started to show a lot of age.. kind of reminiscent of the distressing on the tent-fabric j pants that luca makes but it doesnt show up well on camera

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

I have a question about this belt:

Zam Barrett Dialogue is an Artisanal Apparel Accessories and Clothing Brand for Men and Women. The company is based on Brooklyn NEW YORK and all our apparel and accessories are made by a team of skilled artisans under the direct supervision of the designer.

The belt is so thick that I'm unable to fold the loose end under the buckle (like in the picture) when worn. And I tried hard, broke a sweat and everything :D

I can barely do it when I'm not wearing it but even then the leather is so thick I have to really work it in there.

Is it supposed to be like this and is there anything I can do about it? It's really nice but I can't wear it because of this problem :(
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• jskidder1
                            • Jan 2011

I have the same issue with that belt. I can eventually get it tucked, but it creates an enormous bulge under my shirt that really alters the drape of my tops. Not sure if it will break in to lay properly or not. I think the portion of leather that wraps around the hinge needs to be shaved down a bit to help it lay flat and tuck more easily, but that would require unstitching it.

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm afraid it would cost a mint to do... I've been considering doing it DIY but that's almost a guaranteed disaster because I'm really shit at stuff like that :)
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

^ so i have the siamese belt, and its gotten a little better after wear...

anyway, to create the most "space" for the leather to thread thru, you want to insert almost perpendicular to the slot... so however you can get that to work on your waist..

also
                                ive been wearing one of z's creations inside out because the seams are so pretty:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎