X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • een
    • Sep 2006

Comment

i love all the voluminous bottoms. There's just the right balance between shape and drape.

Comment

• Avyer
        • Dec 2007

This is one of the best uses of this sort of volume I've seen, these are the kind of shapes I was really hoping Damir would use in his collection... Glad some one is doing it... Now to find a girlfriend and play dress up with her.

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        i love all the voluminous bottoms. There's just the right balance between shape and drape.
        Remember, be here now.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avyer View Post
          This is one of the best uses of this sort of volume I've seen, these are the kind of shapes I was really hoping Damir would use in his collection... Glad some one is doing it... Now to find a girlfriend and play undress up with her.
          Fixed
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

what an incredible season for forme

more here at worthwhile

Comment

• een
              • Sep 2006

thanks rider!
              I saw the skirt pictured at the bottom at IF - the fabric is beautiful

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

sweet, rider. naturally, surprised to see a store like this in charleston.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Avyer View Post
                  This is one of the best uses of this sort of volume I've seen, these are the kind of shapes I was really hoping Damir would use in his collection... Glad some one is doing it... Now to find a girlfriend and play dress up with her.
                  I agree. This is much more human and inviting. I still find something chilly about damir which I have a hard time grasping.

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

anyone knows when she will start showing her mens SS11 collection? really looking forward to her work.
                    Focusing on object details

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

She already did in June, with the rest of them. It looked good. Some nice suiting in very light fabric, double layers tops, predominantly navy and gray palette from what I remember.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        predominantly navy and gray palette from what I remember.
                        will be nice to see some more navy popping up in new collections - seems to be an underutilised colour for all designers....
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• magic
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          She already did in June, with the rest of them. It looked good. Some nice suiting in very light fabric, double layers tops, predominantly navy and gray palette from what I remember.
                          Thanks faust. Didnt know its already shown as the site web seem to be not undated. Maybe if someone got any link or images to share please kindly post it...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I will ask Kouen when she gets back from Paris.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

Thanks^

Comment

• kompressorkev
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                                will be nice to see some more navy popping up in new collections - seems to be an underutilised colour for all designers....
                                Navy made an appearance in the showrooms for menswear FW10, but i'm not sure how well that's been conveyed in stores' buys. Julius, Viridi-Anne, Backlash used a lot of navy-grey, as did M.A+ (pleated elbow vachetta aviator!) in a couple pieces. It wasn't the predominant choice of color, but it was there in several collections. I thought Julius used it well with their leather coats.

Anyway, regarding Forme D'Expression, recently i've found that the fit is impressive - i'm not sure how well that's communicated in photos online. I tried a pair of curved cropped trousers from SS10 and everything was spot-on, supremely comfortable, and struck a balance between tailoredware and softness. SS10 was good. Koeun executes a soft, tailored garment very well - it just fits and you don't have to think about it. That's a big part of the label's appeal for me, it's just so easy to wear and it's effortless. The pieces i've tried from recent seasons are much better than earlier work i've tried, which i think unfortunately didn't give me a fair representation of the brand's potential early on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎