• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Forme is the most understated and underestimated brand on this forum.
    only by those who dont have any [yet]

Comment

• Voltairine
      • Jul 2012

It's funny looking back at the first couple pages of this thread. The feelings on forum were a lot shakier back then.

I love their wide leg trousers. Especially their ability to take what can often come off as a disheveled or ill fitting look and streamline them into a more sophisticated silhouette. The quality of the fabrics helps elevate the sentiment as well.

Comment

• zen dog
        • Jan 2014

zen dog

I made the favorable comment two posts up. I went back to the internet clothing stores to look at Forme and realized I had seen the men's collections. Just wasn't that interested. It could have been what those stores carried or not seeing the clothing in person and being intrigued enough to try something on.

Thats a good argument for B&M stores, which I try to patronize,airplanes (), even looking at the other sex's lines to gain insight into the designer's thoughts.

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

MUST check out Forme this season, particularly the scarves.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ Aren't Koeun's scarves consistently amazing? A highly underrated part of her work.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

I think its safe to say that Koeun never cuts corners, it doesn't seem to be in her realm of thought. Unlike so many other labels (even Dries) her scarves aren't just remnants of fabric but each one has an identity as a stand alone garment. While some have the heft of a blanket and others are virtually weightless, they all have textural maps for the road less traveled .

Comment

• zabriski
                • Jul 2013

Yes, Forme combines elegance/minimalism with dark artisan stuff. Makes it very interesting for layering or simply to combine with other brands, i find it can work with many garments, from Rick to CCP to Yohji or Schneider.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I was thinking yesterday as I was wearing my new Forme coat that Koeun remains one of the few designers who does not compromise in materials or construction, while most of the designer fashion these days churns out overpriced denim and sweatshirts and "tailoring" that would make any saville row or Neapolitan tailor cringe.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                      • May 2014

Thank you for the article. Some much needed light shed on forme and its creator, which I personally love. You are right about the fabrics, the photographs don't do the clothes justice and i probably haven't seen any good representation of the essence of the clothes through online retailers.
                      I find the clothes to be very flattering due to the fact they practically fall off the figure with a certain elegance and laisser-aller. An overlooked brand really.

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

lovely article of who I imagine is one of the most thoughtful, genuine fashion people working in the industry now. even the photograph seems to offer a glimpse into her aura, which seems closely tied to her line.

what makes me crazy and I have no idea why, but her website is never updated with the current season selling. I am always looking for recent images of the line because they are building blocks of what I'm going to wear, even if its a scarf (and trust me they are always spectacular) one season and a statement piece the next. The fact she chose to live near the textile mills doesn't surprise me, it makes so much sense. and as E pointed out, the subtly of the cut imparts a grounding experience not found often enough. God, I'm getting toothy here but I love what she does...
                        When she markets her line herself (and perhaps only lagarconne does it as well, online) then I desperately desire to wear her work.

...and thanks for showing some of the spring line.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Thank you rider, and PurpleJessus.

Rider, you don't see recent photos because Koeun has had serious issues with Chinese knocking off her stuff wholesale, so she prefers to hold the photos until the stuff hits the stores.

Funnily enough, I was thinking of La Garconne when I wrote some stores misrepresent Forme. Look how they completely butchered my coat

PRODUCT DETAILS: Description Long, wool-hemp coat with a stand collar, long sleeves & three-quarter-button front fastening. Long sleeves are tailored for a slimmer fit. Slit pocket at chest. Flap welt pockets at hips. Lined. Vented back hem. Shaping darts throughout. Length hits above the knee. Color: Black. 43% he

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Defender
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2015

I bought a Forme D'expression sweater with an unfinished mock turtleneck collar, and I lived in it over the holidays.

The cut is very nice, it fits perfectly, and sort of cascades down.

I honestly receive more compliments about that sweater than anything else I own. I can't wait to move further into her designs.

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Funnily enough, I was thinking of La Garconne when I wrote some stores misrepresent Forme. Look how they completely butchered my coat

http://www.lagarconne.com/store/item...utton-Coat.htm
                              great article Faust... nice to hear from the woman herself.

and the La Garçonne reminder was timely + much appreciated! for anyone interested, their entire Forme selection is on sale, & thru 3/31 there's an extra 20% off all sale items w/ code: LGSHOP20

thanks to that butchered photography & impersonal service, i was finally able to pull the trigger on a sz 50 "my coat"
                              Last edited by PoubelleMaBelle; 01-19-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Yay, glad you got it!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎