Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yyan7778
    • Dec 2013

Paul really should share profit with all these ballers on Instagram.

Comment

• fncyths
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by rider View Post
      have a look at Comme Homme SS16.
      Harnden does find great prints but CDGH really hit a chord that's along the same vein.
      on it! just put it up
      Originally posted by Shucks
      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
        carol's still going strong though
        Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
        carol's prices have remained fairly consistent, and at this point they are a relative bargain.
        Not that they'd be comparable in any way, but a single CCP collection has a lot more variety than Harnden's entire repertoire, so hardly a one trick pony in the same sense.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• xeraphim
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          Not that they'd be comparable in any way, but a single CCP collection has a lot more variety than Harnden's entire repertoire, so hardly a one trick pony in the same sense.
          My initial comment to Pumpfish's post wasn't meant to imply that Carol was a one trick pony, but rather that he has essentially been selling "the same shit to his client base" in the same manner that Harnden was supposedly doing. No doubt that Carol has a wider repertoire, but he also hasn't really produced anything new in almost half a decade apart from offering new colours and maybe a handful of new fabrics... and yet the demand only continues to increase.

Harnden's extortionate price hikes will undoubtedly turn away many of his "true" fans as well as consumers in the mid-market, but anyone who thinks that his business will become unsustainable solely based on this is grossly undermining the spending power of the nouveau riche.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
            • Oct 2009

My initial comment to Pumpfish's post wasn't meant to imply that Carol was a one trick pony, but rather that he has essentially been selling "the same shit to his client base" in the same manner that Harnden was supposedly doing. No doubt that Carol has a wider repertoire, but he also hasn't really produced anything new in almost half a decade apart from offering new colours and maybe a handful of new fabrics... and yet the demand only continues to increase.

Harnden's extortionate price hikes will undoubtedly turn away many of his "true" fans as well as consumers in the mid-market, but anyone who thinks that his business will become unsustainable solely based on this is grossly undermining the spending power of the nouveau riche.
            You missed a good one here!
            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Michelebi
              • Aug 2013

Why?

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

This brand knows it. There is a market for these clothes, but the gap with reasonable prices was not yet filled

Bergfabel 2.0
                Grailed link

Comment

• unwashed
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                  Looked them up, their stuff in the past isn't at all like PH. But while printed jackets you could get away with, that hat to top it off, uh...

Seems, as you say, they may have seen a niche in the market and gone to claim it.
                  I think they are just trendhopping with their brand from one trend to the next. No real direction besides making easy money.
                  Grailed link

Comment

• MikeN
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                    You missed a good one here!
                    sup homie

Comment

• jap808
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                      I think they are just trendhopping with their brand from one trend to the next. No real direction besides making easy money.
                      Damn, didn't they (Nostrasantissima) use to copy from the dark aesthetes??! Such a big change :-/

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i probably should have been more clear. i mean the popularity and growth he is experiencing now can't be sustained if the designs stay the same (the exact same) and the prices continue to soar.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• HugAndWug
                          • Aug 2014

for all the talk of paul harnden and instagram i can't say i've really seen anyone that popular posting pictures of it.

i don't use instagram but with how often this gets brought up i figure it would have leaked to other places.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                            for all the talk of paul harnden and instagram i can't say i've really seen anyone that popular posting pictures of it.

i don't use instagram but with how often this gets brought up i figure it would have leaked to other places.

right...
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HugAndWug
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              right...
                              two people here just posted about ballers wearing ph on instagram so i checked to see how popular it was and i didn't find anything worthwhile.

compared to ccp which gets tons of hype especially when the rainbow colors come out.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                                two people here just posted about ballers wearing ph on instagram so i checked to see how popular it was and i didn't find anything worthwhile.

compared to ccp which gets tons of hype especially when the rainbow colors come out.
                                MikeN, homie.

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                                Current collection looks like Julius or Rick fucked Paul and made a baby borne of a derelict Englishman and raver with a knife.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎