X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dash
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
    Could be producing in the basement of a Banana Republic just the same but that's all I'll say for the man's work.
    I think a critique of his work is a separate point - regardless of his output, if he's supporting UK manufacturing in areas that have historically suffered from the effects of outsourcing, he should be praised. Hopefully others would then follow.
    www.gregdash.net
    @gregjdash

Comment

• Silver
      • Sep 2008

Just been reading through all the anger regarding price hikes etc... i use to live in Brighton 9 years ago and use to see him about all the time.. had a couple of drunken conversations in the Evening Star (his drinking hole)... plus had a friend that worked for him.. and as u all know already, he is a pot smoking, paranoid, anti-fashion nut-job... and i have watched his fame grow over the years since i lived there ... for better and for worse... but i generally think he has hiked prices to somehow alienate and make his clothes more unattainable.. or probably to just be an arse..
      http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Here is the funny thing - IF boutique kept prices the same this season, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit and it's L'Eclaireur that's to blame? It would make sense since they've become world-famous for flinging Harnden.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nicelynice
          • Oct 2009

Just saw this "beer" commercial on TV... this is a PH shirt right??
          Non-alcoholic beer. Something tells me Paul would not be happy

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• TabulaRasa
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Here is the funny thing - IF boutique kept prices the same this season, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit and it's L'Eclaireur that's to blame? It would make sense since they've become world-famous for flinging Harnden.
            Special ordering a classic in wool/linen SS16 from IF and was quoted "around $2,900" depending on the exchange rate. So I guess they're not impervious.
            The music I make.

Comment

• thinbuddha
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw5v9FGbSCA
              what the hell hahaha - from what i understand, paul's a drinker so probably not at all ok with it.

Comment

• jakubtoronto
                • Jul 2015

You are correct in this case! Just to make sure I am clear, you are talking about FW 14 vs FW 15 deliveries at IF vs L'Elaireur?? I recall in 2014 the GBP vs USD was quite high and in 2015 the GDP vs USD dropped about 15% in favor of USD, around the time that IF Boutique would be paying the remainder of their FW 15 deliveries. What this means for IF Boutique is that the goods in FW 15 would cost them 15% less in currency exchange vs the prior FW 14. They would have no issues keeping the prices the same because they are making a higher profit margin since the goods are costing them less.

Where you speculated is correct. If you look at the GBP vs Euro in the same time frame FW 14 vs FW 15 deliveries there was the opposite effect where the Euro went down against the GBP. This means that a store like L'Eclaireur would be paying an extra 15% to 17% on their goods resulting in a increase in price for them at retail. To give a example a PH jacket 400.00GBP at cost would retail $1900 EURO in FW 14, same jacket at same cost would be $2195 EURO for FW 15. These are just estimates, I am not sure what shipping/import duties would be from Uk to France.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw5v9FGbSCA
                  lol this made me laugh pretty hard

also Lec has markup unless france has specific duties above vat from what ive been quoted.
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jakubtoronto View Post
                    You are correct in this case! Just to make sure I am clear, you are talking about FW 14 vs FW 15 deliveries at IF vs L'Elaireur?? I recall in 2014 the GBP vs USD was quite high and in 2015 the GDP vs USD dropped about 15% in favor of USD, around the time that IF Boutique would be paying the remainder of their FW 15 deliveries. What this means for IF Boutique is that the goods in FW 15 would cost them 15% less in currency exchange vs the prior FW 14. They would have no issues keeping the prices the same because they are making a higher profit margin since the goods are costing them less.

Where you speculated is correct. If you look at the GBP vs Euro in the same time frame FW 14 vs FW 15 deliveries there was the opposite effect where the Euro went down against the GBP. This means that a store like L'Eclaireur would be paying an extra 15% to 17% on their goods resulting in a increase in price for them at retail. To give a example a PH jacket 400.00GBP at cost would retail $1900 EURO in FW 14, same jacket at same cost would be $2195 EURO for FW 15. These are just estimates, I am not sure what shipping/import duties would be from Uk to France.
                    Right, this could be the case. I forgot that the old scrooge charges in pounds.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jakubtoronto
                      • Jul 2015

Right, this could be the case. I forgot that the old scrooge charges in pounds.
                      Currencies are a funny thing in the fashion business and how they affect retail prices. It can be quite frustrating or beneficial, its like playing the lottery sometimes. What's going to be interesting if/when the currencies level out is if the prices go down again. But I doubt that, once a retailer can sell brands at a higher price they tend not to reduce them back.

For PH he deals in one currency so the retailers don't have any options. The benefit is to have a option, many brands in market will offer multiple currencies to retailers either EURO and USD. The Japanese are great at that, always options.

Comment

• TabulaRasa
                        • Jun 2014

Just received my 60% linen/40% wool classic from IF.

I took a large in the last two season's AW classic and the fit was perfect. The large for SS16 is running very snug, just an FYI.
                        The music I make.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

These questions should go in the sizing thread. This thread is for discussing the work.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TabulaRasa
                            • Jun 2014

Sorry about that. Will do for next time.
                            The music I make.

Comment

• Cantara
                              • Mar 2015

@tabularasa I just recently acquired my first PH piece at IF. Usually his clothing runs too big for me but this season fits a size small. I think it may have been the one you are speaking of.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Did you miss my post right above yours and TabulaRasa's response?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎