• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
    there's a total of 3 women who frequent this forum.
    lets not leave them out by posting all manly stuff..
    It's a dream of mine to buy a PH coat for my girl. They are so elegant.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Just heard PH has a brand new style of boot coming out this season with a steel toe cap....same 'old style cobbler' look, but a new shape altogether. Will be interesting to see.

On the lapels discussion, I tried on his new style jacket (as seen in Tyro's picture) but found it just didn't sit right on me and didn't have the same feel as his classic 5 pocket peaked lapel jacket. I much prefer his classic jacket, and agree with torchiere's sentiments.

Tyro - PH does several versions of his blazer jacket that vary in length - his classic jacket (standard length) can have 4 or 5 buttons - I have jackets with both 4 and 5, and his classic long jacket which has 6 buttons.
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
        • Mar 2007

ph jacket

I've been told that the colour/description of this jacket is TWEED.
        Can someone more familiar with PH describe this colour?
        Does the image reflect its true colour?

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by johnny_herb
          Isn't this one of his womens' jackets? I always thought there was an extra button lower down the jacket than on the one shown.
          Johnny - no this isn't a womens jacket: PH does several versions of the classic short jacket - with 4 (as in this pic) or 5 buttons down the front. I have both types and they are definitely mens!

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
          I've been told that the colour/description of this jacket is TWEED.
          Can someone more familiar with PH describe this colour?
          Does the image reflect its true colour?
          Acid - this definitely looks like the tweed to me, although PH is doing several different colour versions, so there should be a colour code/description. I know he is doing a grey/green/brown, and a black/grey. From the pic really hard to be sure which one this is....at a guess I would say its the black/grey.

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by johnny_herb
            ^ yeah, you could be right, but it still seems to look a little short in the arms, perhaps that was the cut for this one...
            I think all of mine are pretty short in the arm....that's the cut of the classic blazer.

Also if you check back a couple of pages you will see some of my jackets with the different button combinations. The blue boiled leather pocket blazer and the brown fine pin are both only 4 button. The wool pin and boating stripe have the 5th button at the bottom. All have slightly short sleeves (which is great for layering and adds to the overall look IMO)

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

The interest in PH seems to be fever pitch for AW10....I think it must be due to the beautiful tweeds and fabrics....
              Looks like its going to be a shit-fight to get hold of some of those key classic pieces this season, with demand so high and such a limited supply.....especially in europe and US.
              Never understood why japan gets so many more outlets to distribute from, and so much more supply. Strange since PH was born and bred in the UK (although that might explain his aversion away from the UK fashion mrkt....)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

No, it must be due that no one has seen the fucking collection. Or maybe SZ power.

For myself, I've never been a huge fan, and all I want is to steal Avantster's jacket and make it a size bigger, or turn the clock back one year and get the long Edwardian coat at L'Eclaireur.

Having said that, the man does what he does, he has a singular voice, and I like that - we need this in fashion like air.

Japan gets the best stuff because they support designers early on - they are willing to take risks and experiment and designers repay them with their loyalty.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

Faust - what size are you in PH jackets?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I am not sure - lately he's been cutting very small. I'd say a Medium for the blazers. I think the long jacket was an S and was tight, but wearable.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I am not sure - lately he's been cutting very small. I'd say a Medium for the blazers. I think the long jacket was an S and was tight, but wearable.
                      Makes sense; I oscillate between xs and s.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Monty76
                        • Sep 2006

I thought he was born in Canada.

I can't imagine it will be that much of a "shit-fight". Don't think that many people have $1800 to blow on a wool jacket without giving it some thought first. But who knows... we will see in a few weeks.

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                        The interest in PH seems to be fever pitch for AW10....I think it must be due to the beautiful tweeds and fabrics....
                        Looks like its going to be a shit-fight to get hold of some of those key classic pieces this season, with demand so high and such a limited supply.....especially in europe and US.
                        Never understood why japan gets so many more outlets to distribute from, and so much more supply. Strange since PH was born and bred in the UK (although that might explain his aversion away from the UK fashion mrkt....)

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

or turn the clock back one year and get the long Edwardian coat at L'Eclaireur.
                          they still had it in july I think? I tried on a size that was pretty good for me, M or L.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

BSR told me they didn't. I never made it to the store.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
                              • Dec 2007

I had a jacket from last f/w also described as a "tweed" color and it is more gray-ish and less brown than the one in the photo.
                              I don't exist.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                they still had it in july I think? I tried on a size that was pretty good for me, M or L.
                                BSR told me they didn't. I never made it to the store.
                                i think you two don't speak of the same piece
                                faust wanted the jacket he tried one night at l'E rue mahler, and wanted to cop, but could not because of 5 SZ guys that told him the voice of reason
                                this jacket was the long version of the 5-button jacket
                                but there is also a long coat, which is still available (at least in size XS, because i tried it yesterday) and which is beautiful, i think you speak of this one lowrey, because the one faust wanted to cop was sold out several months ago
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎