• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Classification

D, thanks for the information and details. Very useful
    Mine's the Classic Standard then, tagged Mens Blazer.

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
      D, thanks for the information and details. Very useful
      Mine's the Classic Standard then, tagged Mens Blazer.
      i tried this one on Y.....the colour is amazing - like a 'burnt black'...DSM stocked them (until they sold out).....will serve you well my friend
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

thanks eton, this is very useful information and should belong in the first post. it would be great if the different styles also had pictures to accompany them. i can submit my long jacket if needed..

it would be nice if someone did a primer on ph pants (total mystery to me) and possibly a run down on his mac coats. all i know is they are oversized and usually made with coated cotton..

Comment

• DmD
          • Jul 2010

eton97, thanks for the jacket clarification.

I have a quick question. Of the 2 styles, the classic long or the "New" style, which do you think fits slimmer?

I've loved the PH jackets ever since I tried one on in Torino a couple years ago, but the jackets I've tried seem too boxy on my frame. I'm skinny with long arms - not the typical PH proportions... I think.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ If you have long arms, stay away from PH, period. Maybe Eton should edit the post - but PLEASE refrain from the avalanche of sizing and pricing questions.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

I blame you enablers. Cross posted to recent purchases. Long blazer in tweed.

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

Ahaha you did it! Bring your néw gf to dinner

mike according to the description there seems to be a difference between our jackets. Seems I got the classic short one and you the Pocket blazer. Tha would explain the missing vent on yours...
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

yes, we knew that when we were in the store! mine says "pocket blazer" and yours is "classic blazer"

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

thanks eton for the descriptions.

Mike, the long blazer is SICK. love the colour, now I'm even more convinced I need a grey one
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

classic 'harden fever' mike.....it a long and winding road to recovery
                      congrats....

is that colour code: DIRT? i saw a womens blazer that was charcoal grey called dirt - the colour & weave is beautiful

Comment

• swami
                        • Jul 2008

So which one is this then & Linen or wool that is the new question, you OCD bastards

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

looks like a classic short blazer

here is mine in brown linen:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

My color is TWEED

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                              it would be nice if someone did a primer on ph pants
                              Trousers are easy and the only thing you need to think about is how ridiculously big and bunched you want them round the waist...I am a sz48/50 in things like LUC and MA+ trousers/jeans, and I've only ever taken a sz small in the PH trousers......
                              the different cloth that the trousers come in are essentially the same as the blazers

3 Styles: Belted, Braced and Cropped.....same for women although he has also added a new womes style called 'capri pant'

Belted and braced are essentailly the same trouser - difference being one has a belt (inc with the trousers) and obviously the other is with braces....both have a single back buttoned pocket, and buttoned fly with quite a deep crotch...also very very wide legs

Braced:

Cropped have a denim jean pocket configuration and are as the title says...cropped - detailing on the knee joint give it a slightly bunched/ergonomic feel.....

Cropped:

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

the cropped ones are massive, I have a pair in XS and they are roomy in the waist for a size 50.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎