X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Thank you guys.
    I was looking for the perfect alternative to black tweed.
    This is it.
    Great weight. Great texture. Great colour
    Highly recommend.
    Love it.
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• TabulaRasa
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
      Thank you guys.
      I was looking for the perfect alternative to black tweed.
      This is it.
      Great weight. Great texture. Great colour
      Highly recommend.
      Love it.
      You are such a bad influence.

And I mean that in the best way.

;)
      The music I make.

Comment

• TabulaRasa
        • Jun 2014

Just pulled the trigger on that same jacket Eton97 is wearing. Hoping the large won't be too large. Fingers crossed.

New here, guys. Just settling in to the world of LUC, MA+, A1923 and now, PH. Been a long and hard road to get outta the grasp of the old habits.

Hoping to post here more. Cheers.
        The music I make.

Comment

• kurta
          • Jun 2014

Took home a few pieces from the current collection, beautiful fabric and work:

New Blazer in grey/green:

Belted Jean in charcoal:

Last edited by kurta; 11-20-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• byhand
            • Dec 2011

Does PH make a mens XXS? I can manage a XS pant but sometimes the jackets in a XS are too damn big. It's hard enough to find an XS let alone an XXS. I'm a wee lad, but I'm not all that small. I suppose one must look toward Asia to find an XXS if it exists? I see some Asian guys wearing Harnden, and the guys will be smaller than I am but the shoulder seams and such will be in the right place. Makes me think there must be a XXS. Hmm, I guess they could be wearing women's, but the cut on the jackets must be different for the men and women, right?
            Last edited by byhand; 11-04-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

nice stuff kurta.

so was this "made in scotland" thing determined to be recent models only, or was this also the case for some of the older stuff? i thought all of the older stuff was handmade in england...
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                Does PH make a mens XXS? I can manage a XS pant but sometimes the jackets in a XS are too damn big. It's hard enough to find an XS let alone an XXS. I'm a wee lad, but I'm not all that small. I suppose one must look toward Asia to find an XXS if it exists? I see some Asian guys wearing Harnden, and the guys will be smaller than I am but the shoulder seams and such will be in the right place. Makes me think there must be a XXS. Hmm, I guess they could be wearing women's, but the cut on the jackets must be different for the men and women, right?
                yes XXS exists. sometimes it is bigger than XS though .
                Women's cuts differ from men's drastically in most PH pieces. I have a women's "boy coat" that is exactly the same cut as the priest coat but fits much tighter though.
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• byhand
                  • Dec 2011

Women's cuts differ from men's drastically in most PH pieces.

That's what I thought. I was surprised that a retailer in Europe who had nothing available in the smaller sizes for men was trying to steer me toward the women's line.

Comment

• MikeN
                    • Nov 2007

Absolutely. If I go into a shop and they only have XL men's pants when I typically need an S, I can just pick up the women's M and they are identical.

Comment

• lazyguru
                      • Jun 2008

Kurta the 3rd blazer you posted is that a long , it looks lovely!

BTW a question for the rest of you , Is Tweed warm enough to act as a stand alone winter coat in 35 deg weather?

Comment

• boodude
                        • Oct 2012

I do wear a tweed ( 100% english wool) as a winter short coat but not bellow 40-45F. You migth need to heavily layer it for that cold. Also not best wind breaker but warm.

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post

BTW a question for the rest of you , Is Tweed warm enough to act as a stand alone winter coat in 35 deg weather?

Comment

• kurta
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                          nice stuff kurta.

so was this "made in scotland" thing determined to be recent models only, or was this also the case for some of the older stuff? i thought all of the older stuff was handmade in england...
                          Salud, cjbreed. As for the Scotland v. England situation, for what it's worth: both of my current season pieces are tagged "Handmade in Scotland," and England for everything prior.

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                          Thanks, lazyguru! Assuming you're referring to the third in this post, it's a classic, and a beauty at that. That said, I'll be going Long at the nearest opportunity.

Comment

• tarringlee
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                            I think PH maybe makes some asian size version (selling in asian markets), i have one man coat in size S, which purchased from japan, i usually wear a size IT44 or XS, but this PH coat seems not that oversize to me lol

Comment

• Icarium
                              • Oct 2010

I mean you may be right. But it is also my understanding that there's a lot of variation between piece to piece even in the same fabric/size/season.

It's a bit of a crap shoot and I believe more of a try before you buy experience unless you like to play roulette with $2-3.5k jackets/coats... though the resale market still seems to be moving well.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

My take on the Scotland vs England labelling on current season.

I'm guessing it's all to do with the Scottish independance vote that we went through earlier in the year in the UK.
                                There were a lot of very strong views about being 'in' or 'out' with many politicians, celebrities etc making their stances and views public.
                                I can imagine Paul Harnden is pro Scottish independance and was making his own statement through his labelling.
                                Adding his 2cents to the debate.
                                He may have also expect a Scottish independance win and therefore got his labelling ready in anticipation.

Who knows, but it would explain the difference. My new stripe says made in England 😊. Obviously manufactured post the vote.
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎