• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fashiondisaster
    • May 2011

Originally posted by emixam View Post
    machine knit cannot achieve this kind of chunky effect
    Please...this is not true...!!!..
    Just see like example all knit of Marras ...that is made whit machine...

PS. Today they are some machine...that also reproduce all types of hand stitching, with also imperfections ..
    :-)
    SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• fashiondisaster
      • May 2011

Originally posted by een View Post
      Alice Lemoine
      formerly with Rick Owens,
      Sorry..I say this with all honesty ... but who cares?
      FD

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Well, that's not really fair. The relevance is that a lot of designers get their start by working with or under established labels. And it's safe to say that they have either brought an influence to the designer they work for (Rick, in this case) or that designer had an influence on them that can carry over into their own work.

When you think about the lineage of designers in fashion, the 'working for' assistants of today sometimes emerge to be the main designer of tomorrow. So it's interesting to see the connections and influence between them.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• surver
          • Oct 2007

beautiful!

Comment

• fashiondisaster
            • May 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            Well, that's not really fair. The relevance is that a lot of designers get their start by working with or under established labels. And it's safe to say that they have either brought an influence to the designer they work for (Rick, in this case) or that designer had an influence on them that can carry over into their own work.

When you think about the lineage of designers in fashion, the 'working for' assistants of today sometimes emerge to be the main designer of tomorrow. So it's interesting to see the connections and influence between them.
            Ok in this sense i agree...but i thing that consideration must be made ​​after knowing the brand / designer.
            The big risk to say ... "he worked for, worked with ..." is that:

-the designer becomes the shadow of the other famous designers for he worked. In summary, we lose the essence of its identity

-not knowing the connections, (in a first analysis,) .. allows us to evaluate and see the work in an objective way.

-I think some deisgner, or maybe their sales manager, use this factor to promote themselves: this is disgusting ...

FD

Comment

• kompressorkev
              • Dec 2006

Le Moine Tricote looks excellent, off to a great start already and will go places i'm pretty sure

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post
                Ok in this sense i agree...but i thing that consideration must be made ​​after knowing the brand / designer.
                The big risk to say ... "he worked for, worked with ..." is that:

-the designer becomes the shadow of the other famous designers for he worked. In summary, we lose the essence of its identity

-not knowing the connections, (in a first analysis,) .. allows us to evaluate and see the work in an objective way.

-I think some deisgner, or maybe their sales manager, use this factor to promote themselves: this is disgusting ...

FD
                I don't want to turn off topic but it's not disgusting in the least. That's the way the world operates. When you work for anyone (company, etc.) you build a CV of experience that builds your credit, your value, your worth, etc. That's why people create resumes, CVs, etc. What you've done in the past gives you credit for the present.

I get what you're trying to say but it seems like this obscure, outdated romantic notion. Ultimately, you are judged on your own merits from design to quality, etc.

But if you worked for Apple and then started your own tech company, you can bet your ass that your CV and any kind of press you did to launch that company would well note that you were once a programmer or designer for Apple.

There's not a PR company in the world that would leave a credential like that off of any release or promotion. It sounds like you're suggesting that that small tidbit of information changes the value of the pieces and that's simply not true.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

To add to beardown's explanation, I believe the influence this type of hype may have in a fashion context won't usually last for more than a season, if the collection does not fulfill consumers' expectations. Alexander Plokhov SS12 comes to mind.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                    I don't want to turn off topic but it's not disgusting in the least. ........... and that's simply not true.
                    Yes...for sure i'm old romantic.. :-)
                    And yes...that you write is true...i understand..
                    My concept is this:

- For sure the CV is important, but it is much more important and interesting, what I do and I know now ...
                    - I think that is important, the identity of the designer and brand: for me Alice Lemoine is Alice Lemoine.. I see his creations in pictures and i find it interesting ..
                    I'd like to know a lot about Alice, of what is now, what vision / concept ...

The fact that he worked with Rick Owens, (or others )...is insignificant
                    and not influence me on what I think of his work ..(I'm looking at her, not Rick)
                    But this thing is used to influence the public ... (repeat this thing is for me soo bad PR strategy) .. and as Michael says ... is just a very simplistic strategy.
                    FD

Comment

• Rosenrot
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post
                      But this thing is used to influence the public ... (repeat this thing is for me soo bad PR strategy) .. and as Michael says ... is just a very simplistic strategy.
                      FD
                      There's no need to complicate things, especially in areas that cost money. PR consultation/service doesn't come cheap. Even if some designers don't mention with whom they've trained under, the discerning eyes can spot other designers' signature looks, eg. Jantine van Peski & Esther Boskaljon under Haider Ackermann.

I say it's better to be known you've trained with those designers rather than people thinking you've been copying.
                      Originally posted by Patroklus
                      Better too adventurous than not enough
                      everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• ACM
                        • Jan 2011

It's a bit confusing in the interview that she says that she deals with heavy yarns needing large needles but then says that she likes to stray away from heavy falling knits?

Nevertheless, the knits look amazing. There is so much continuity of line in all of them. I wonder if it is just her producing all of these by hand?

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

I'd like to revive this.. Any news about Alice? Where are these fantastic knits to be procured nowadays, if at all?
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• (((o
                            • May 2009

Automne-Hiver 2013

Last edited by (((o; 09-08-2013, 01:29 PM.
                            i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• (((o
                              • May 2009

Comment

• (((o
                                • May 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X