• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

Vogue Archive: 1892-Present

http://vogue.wgsn.com

i guess print is dead?

i assure anyone who can afford it or will have access to it, to check it out because you will lose yourself for days. the further back you go, the more beautiful it gets. as a research tool for an educator, student, or professional, this archive is indispensable.

in the past, you would have to comb through pages of moldy antique bound copies, which only a few places have complete sets of. this is a total time saver because it's all indexed and searchable now. if they have built-in analytical tools, even better.

i'd like to see them include british/french/nippon editions in the package later on. probably not..
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Bit pricey for us common folk.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• gavagai
      • May 2010

"FOR FASHION, DESIGN AND MARKETING PROFESSIONALS"

At least that is what is says in the video demo. It would be insane for an individual to pay that subscription for a year. I'd bet this material will be available at some point in an edited format for the public.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

for someone really interested in this type of thing, it wouldn't be unheard of...how much is a copy of Visionaire these days?

But yes, intended for professional use.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

this is a part f the reason why fashion is slow to move forward.

designers in the early phases of fashion history, what did they use to draw "inspiration" and realize ideas?
          what trend forecasting company did they have?

there are too much people now who refuse to experiment, and just wanna play it safe...............
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^ I dunno zamb. I think it's really just a 'tool of convenience', and it really does provide more for the fashion society than it does take away. What we're doing here in the garment archive is not that much different.

Changing times + changing technology = changing way of getting 'inspired'?

Comment

• Aleks
              • Feb 2009

oh awesome, I have wgsn, looking forward to this

Comment

• Rosenrot
                • Aug 2010

Has anyone been able to access it from ProQuest? I can't seem to find them at all. Need to snag my chances before I graduate in a few weeks.
                Originally posted by Patroklus
                Better too adventurous than not enough
                everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍