Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street fashion photography is f*cking with me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Street fashion photography is f*cking with me.

A brief article on the dynamics of 'street style' as portrayed by street photographers/bloggers. Link

Bonus: Interview with Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist). Quite interesting. Link
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

oh my god so braindead... dont know where to start.....

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I guess I shouldn't click? Because I KNOW that "Interview with Scott Shuman. Quite Interesting" is an oxymoron.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

I found it interesting in that it inspires discussion and criticism.

If you ask me the guy needs some time off. He sounds anxious and somewhat desperate.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ funny, had this conversation yesterday.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

ohmygodthatwaspainful

First point - talking about "Tavi's" blog and how he doesn't approve, etc. Who are you to judge?

Second - how he doesn't read fashion blogs (see First Point).

Third - did you really just tell people how much you get paid for advertising? Seriously? Gauche.

Fourth - Garance Dore is a "game changer". Lulzapalooza.

Lastly - "I think everyone knows not to believe in magazines anymore, they know that magazines are just page after page of advertisers." There exist, in this world, magazines that aren't called Vogue.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

okok but garance's ccp green gloves are killer
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• TheThief
                • Mar 2011

I cant believe I read that. Though I do love the bit where he discusses his income and how much BLOG PWNZ PAPERS...

Hasnt he ever played Blog, Paper, Scissors? We all know paper covers blog.

Edit: I' had never given any attention to Tavis' blog but I decided to check it out after SS talked about how childish she is (of course, she is a child) and that she couldnt possibly have a "real opinion" at her age. I have to say, it's not ground-breaking stuff but it's certainly more interesting then looking at TheSartorialist.
                Last edited by TheThief; 01-05-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                  • Aug 2010

Scott Schumann claimed that the interview was done 18 months ago. He has since changed his opinions now:

“I’ve kind of changed my mind [about that],” he told BoF, looking back with some contrition and pointing out that the interview in question is more than 18 months old. “With everybody, our relationships have really evolved. As I got to know Bryanboy and Tavi more, I’ve come to respect their seriousness of it. It’s a struggle to try and build [something] and still maintain who you are.”

More recent interview here.
                  Originally posted by Patroklus
                  Better too adventurous than not enough
                  everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                    • Jun 2009

Street Fashion is a joke...but it's fun! I'm in the "industry" I guess. But man, at one point, I used to think The Sartorialist was cool, and unique. His site is so worthless, and guided by his sponsors. He is paid by LVMH to blog about...LVMH. And Garance (who's blog I used to LOVE, as I think she's a great photographer) is in contract with Prada...so, who does she blog about? It's a joke. Scott's "business" is around 1.2m USD/year. That's absurd, in my opinion. He has, by far, the easiest job in photography. I know, I'd say 99% of what's involved with his "job" and there is no reason it should even bring in that much income. If I made $100k next year doing this, I'd feel like a criminal. This is a bit of a rant, and I'm sorry, but Scott is an ass in that interview, and even worse in person. Meeting him, and speaking to him made me lose most of my respect for him. When I read that interview a few months back, the last bit flew out the window as well.
                    Le 21ème

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                      I did not really care too much for the guy in either direction, but after reading it I do understand that he's not the smartest guy around.
                      possibly the smallest though. height directly proportionate to number of brian cells too.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                        • Jun 2009

His income per foot (IpF) is amazing!
                        Le 21ème

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          possibly the smallest though. height directly proportionate to number of brian cells too.
                          Oh, snap...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                            • Jun 2009

Speaking of...my "Street Style" photos will be on display at W Times Square starting on 2-February-2012 from (I think) 7-9pm. It's being curated by Elle Magazine (who I shoot a lot for) and should be fun. I'll post the flyer when it's done.
                            Le 21ème

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Strange, didn't see Sarty at Pitti Uomo this time.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎