Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

I would have thought that these guys are all a little bit more relaxed. Of course there's a lot of money involved and Hedi (imho) is mainly about his aura. Some kind of hype. If this bombs due to critics even before anything hits the stores, YSL's plan to become the next über-it label is in danger. But all these "open letters" are like a turbo for a possible failure i think.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
      I would have thought that these guys are all a little bit more relaxed. Of course there's a lot of money involved and Hedi (imho) is mainly about his aura. Some kind of hype. If this bombs due to critics even before anything hits the stores, YSL's plan to become the next über-it label is in danger. But all these "open letters" are like a turbo for a possible failure i think.
      Ha! Funny guy.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

Looks like the CEO's main asset is a big whingy baby who demands public fluffing.

Undignified.
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Rumor has it that Slimane has quit.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Rumor has it that Slimane has quit.
            UPDATE: (4 p.m.) Saint Laurent PR has followed up denying that Hedi Slimane has left the company.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• En.
              • May 2015

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
              UPDATE: (4 p.m.) Saint Laurent PR has followed up denying that Hedi Slimane has left the company.
              Surprised me at first. Hedi has/had too great a thing going for him to leave.
              Last edited by En.; 01-05-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                • Jan 2014

Rumors of his departure have been floating around in the company for awhile now. Now the mill is abuzz with him taking the reigns from the Kaiser at Chanel.
                "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  PR is the key word there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                    Now the mill is abuzz with him taking the reigns from the Kaiser at Chanel.
                    That's one of the signs of the impending apocalypse. With that said, I thought Haider Ackermann was the ostensible heir apparent to the Chanel throne, according to Karl himself. Then again, he's a self admitted Hedi fan too.

It would be interesting to witness, to see whether it would simply be your prototypical commercial success (most likely due to the "Hedi hype factor" and fan base alone), in switching gears, diluting and dumbing down the product, to go after the Instagram/Luxury H&M generation.

You can almost guarantee though, that it would be in lieu of creative integrity and true progression, as we've seen with the creative unmitigated disaster (albeit commercially successful) that's taken place at YSL.

Call it the "Wang effect", going after flash and hype over substance with a "name" appointment, as we may have just seen at Balenciaga (again), as opposed to the right fit for the brands codes and ideals.

With that said, personally I believe things like tradition, brand codes and ideals are romantic ideals and notions which are dying a slow death. At this rate, pretty soon every brand in the luxury pantheon are all going to become one large insipidly amorphous recycled clone of each other.
                    Last edited by Law; 01-04-2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Dropt
                      • May 2009

^ Except Cinzia Araia.

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                        ^ Except Cinzia Araia.
                        Yup, she's already there, way ahead of the curve.

Comment

• ES3K
                          • Oct 2008

Now that would be something. Since Chanel is only one word and already in sans serif lettering, I wonder what he might do ... my guess: ANEL PARIS.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                            • May 2014

I've heard on my end that Hedi would be going to Dior and Elbaz would grab the reigns at SLP. I have no idea how that would pan out with all the re-branding Slimane did.

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

I heard David Guetta will go to Chanel, Hedi Slimane will become a famous EDM DJ and Karl Lagerfeld will be entombed in Lenin's tomb.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                I heard David Guetta will go to Chanel, Hedi Slimane will become a famous EDM DJ and Karl Lagerfeld will be entombed in Lenin's tomb.
                                Sorry, but Guetta will take over Rick Owens, because he's going on a tour to sing duets with Iggy Pop.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎