X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Sorry, but Guetta will take over Rick Owens, because he's going on a tour to sing duets with Iggy Pop.

Seriously, rumour mill about one of the most powerful designers quitting his successful (commercially speaking, all that matters) design job has got to stop, if it was really happening word would get around super quickly. Maybe Rick can become Iggy's body double.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Anthony Vaccarello to replace Slimane?

Versus Versace's creative director is being tipped to take over at Saint Laurent, but the house remains silent

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Why the rumours of Hedi Slimane leaving Saint Laurent matter:

Even after the surprising ruptures of late 2015, this morning’s rumours about Hedi Slimane’s imminent departure from Saint Laurent seem initially far-fetched.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I also heard from French journalists that there will be no mens show next week - he wants to move it to LA. Talk about megalomania.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

That IS where it belongs at this point.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Not the worst idea in the world admittedly.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                Not the worst idea in the world admittedly.
                Of course it is. It will probably cost quarter of a million just to bring all the press in. Do you think they are going to pay their way to go to LA? It's megalomania, plain and simple - a fuck you, you will pay for it to Kering, and fuck you, you will come to the press and buyers.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

Of course it is. It will probably cost quarter of a million just to bring all the press in. Do you think they are going to pay their way to go to LA? It's megalomania, plain and simple - a fuck you, you will pay for it to Kering, and fuck you, you will come to the press and buyers.
                  That's a little over dramatic mate.

In the grand scheme of things, it's ostensibly a prudent move on their part, above and beyond a mere Hedi ego trip.What's $250k to Kering? Francois Pinault probably spends more than that heating his swimming pools in a week. In essence they get to import the press/buyers with a nice little glad handing exercise, essentially "buying" positive to glowing reviews and hype. They get to show in their new adopted spiritual home, of the LA glam rock aesthetic they're milking.

If this came to full fruition, then it adds credence to the move, since it's their biggest mover of product:

Now Slimane is shaking things up again by debuting a new Saint Laurent global flagship shop in L.A. The brand will unveil a massive 10,000-square-foot, three-story store on Rodeo Drive in September. This new store will be Saint Laurent's largest.

The Wall Street Journal's Christina Binkley described the new space as a Saint Laurent department store, which reportedly is expected to move more product than any other Saint Laurent boutique.
                  Finally as a bonus SL and Hedi get to look like they're "challenging the status quo" by showing in LA, as opposed to the usual Paris/NY/London/Milan circuit.
                  Last edited by Law; 01-18-2016, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

10,000-square-foot,
                    Really can't imagine how this will look like when the collection consists of a leather jacket, two pairs of boots, a t shirt and a flannel shirt. At least that's how I remember it. Can't wait for people to praise the use of empty space when it's basically a trick to make Topshop clothes look elegant and meaningful.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      Really can't imagine how this will look like when the collection consists of a leather jacket, two pairs of boots, a t shirt and a flannel shirt. At least that's how I remember it. Can't wait for people to praise the use of empty space when it's basically a trick to make Topshop clothes look elegant and meaningful.
                      And that's just the women's store. The men's store is down the street in a separate retail space.

While I want Hedi to go to a different house, I remember all the talk of Hedi setting up his own brand after he left Dior Homme, which ultimately went no where, so I wouldn't be surprised if after he leaves Saint Laurent he takes another extended sabbatical.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

not sure if this is true but i think that the invitations are personally overseen by hedi and this time a lot of the press and even a good portion of the slp staff and kering corporate folks just aren't invited. just a friends and crusty local surf-sound rocker kids thing

also, isn't it a bit crazy to get those flagship spots going before you get your contracts in place? that dude from versus can't match what hedi has done commercially for the company. not even close.
                        Last edited by cjbreed; 01-18-2016, 11:50 AM.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ES3K
                          • Oct 2008

Fueling the Hedi-going-Chanel rumour: Chanel's CEO steps down due to "due to differing opinions regarding strategy."

Can't help it, a part of me believes in the rumour that Hedi will be the new Karl, and for Maureen Chiquet this might not be the best strategy :)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

This world gets what it deserves.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

i would step down too. he's not qualified for the job. not even close...
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Maureen has killed more than one of our projects, so I quietly rejoiced when I read it this morning...
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎