• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

How It Was

That's So Last Century. A pretty good article on how fashion worked before it exploded into the mainstream in mid 90s. It's from Hufflepuff Post, so apologies in advance.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • underdog
    • Aug 2009

Thanks so much for posting this; the notes on the earlier retail environment in NYC was particularly interesting.

Comment

• droussin
      • Oct 2011

living in NY and understanding the changes now from then is an interesting thing to ponder indeed. makes me wish i was able to experience the rise
      what is black?
      an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
      -Martin Margiela

Comment

• screw
        • Mar 2012

Mm. I enjoyed the part about celebrity in particular, as I've been interested in how the dawn of the internet has created a new sort of minor celebrity.

Because the same ideas of glamour surrounding fame still exist, no? It's just that the red carpet's place has become virtual and increasingly niche.

I also came across this again, recently, which I'd downloaded a while back. For those of you who like to read: http://winchester.academia.edu/David...nology_of_fame

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎