• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Amazon Getting into High Fashion Business

Hmmmm. Thoughts?

Myhabit is fine and dandy considering it's a discount retailer. Would be interesting to see if the retail model works. It probably will.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

I can't see it not working...people love their instantaneous delivery that amazon has made a standard.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• docintheory
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      I can't see it not working...people love their instantaneous delivery that amazon has made a standard.
      Agreed w/Dane. I think what makes this a probable successful venture for Amazon is how well they integrate the disparate websites (Amazon main and MyHabit) and continue the same shipping policies across all their entities.

Although the return policy on Myhabit still charges a flat $4.85 restocking fee - the fast, free shipping and logistics piece of Amazon's overall business it what makes them so successful imo.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Personally, I am loving it. The more all-purpose sites like Amazon, the more need for a highly curated site like SZ.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

The my habit site just isn't good but they will figure it out. they do almost everything well. I was able to go to their robotic warehouse as they were a client and it is an absolutely meticulous operation they have going on

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

priceless: Because Amazon’s costs are about the same whether it is shipping a $10 book or a $1,000 skirt, “gross profit dollars per unit will be much higher on a fashion item,” Mr. Bezos said, and it already makes money on fashion.

just keep funneling him clothing rick, ann, and haider.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

i can't even do business with amazon anymore. every time i order books from them they NEVER put any sort of padding or air bubbles in the box and the box always arrives with one piece of tape on top of the box, broken or somewhat smashed, and the books are always damaged. when i call to complain and get a replacement shipped they tell me they are trying to help the environment by not using air bubbles....okay, use paper for all i care. put more than one strip of tape on the damn box.

i can only imagine what it would be like ordering clothing from them considering the way they treated my Rothko Catalogue Raisonné like it was L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetics.

Comment

• lazyguru
                • Jun 2008

Fuck Amazon bro! Support your local brick & motor
                MCNALLY 4 life & they carry SZ mag

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                  Fuck Amazon bro! Support your local brick & motor
                  MCNALLY 4 life & they carry SZ mag
                  lol! i love mcnally - actually am in there about once a week...
                  best bookstore in ny, besides dashwood.
                  also drop by book thug nation every now and then.
                  i haven't done amazon in years.
                  fuck amazon!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Good - I'll let you know then when they stock volume 2 ;-)
                    McNally is the de facto editorial conference room until we get an office.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

ha. maybe i've seen you in there. premier issue was nice.
                      nice feel in there and for the most part the staff is nice and knowledgable. during fall hot toddies kept me warm...but when winter hit, the hot toddies had broken the bank...thus i went in there pretty much everyday (worked nearby)...the books kept me warm.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎