Clear All
  • xeraphim
    • Nov 2008

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

this is so foul
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• morsto
        • Nov 2008

While ghastly, it's somewhat easy for me to shrug it off as, after all, it's just diesel wanting to make some money.
        I have to wonder though, considering Martin himself was very much not fond of attention/media (rarely gave interviews, stayed back stage after his shows always), is he as disgusted as some people here or is he careless.
        I would love to know the amount of money involved in these h&m collabs, it seems they get the collaborator they want each time, which scares me.
        This forum will end when H&M "Mainstream Upstream" is released
        I do not recognise the vessel,
        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I don't even know if they pay designers. Publicity is probably good enough.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Urthwhyte
            • Oct 2011

Previews of items are up at subdistrict.com, looks like someone leaked them? Blanket coat, painted sidezips and GAT His all being "re-issued" among other less conspicuous items.

Comment

• crtk001
              • Nov 2010

my soul is bleeding

Comment

• crtk001
                • Nov 2010

So they didn't design a new line as much as just picked out Margiela's greatest hits and reproduced them cheaply.

Margiela isn't at the line anymore so it really is bastardizing someone else's work, yes bastardizing in no way do I think this is a homage and will accept it as such. Needless to say I'm still completely against this.

Unfortunately, those are the sneakers I wanted years ago but weren't in my price range then...can I live with myself for wearing, principally, fake Margiela.

Comment

• #ruin
                  • Jul 2011

really surprised that they're actually re-issuing the blanket coat, like someone said earlier i thought it was just being used for modelling purposes..

that being said, it will be fun to see them around

i can totally see a bunch of women boarding the tube in their blanket coats in rush hour, now that would be a sight to behold .

Comment

• flwlessvctry
                    • Jul 2011

Im actually looking forward to this collection and am not surprised at all especially after the collaboration they had with oc this being said i am hoping that h&m aleast manages to execute production wise, i honestly think uniqlo would have done a better job i think they have a much better understanding of cuts in garments i really loved their jil sander x uniqlo collaboration.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I don't even know if they pay designers. Publicity is probably good enough.
                      I actually heard that the designerbrand doesn't design this themselves. It's just people at H&M. Then they show it to the brand and they have to agree with the products.

Comment

• Verdandi
                        • Mar 2012

I have to admit I was a bit crushed myself; I spotted two items I own among the re-releases. But I highly doubt they will come in the same materials and even if they do, it won't make me appreciate my clothes any less.
                        They could have made this a lot better if they had used old H&M scarves to remake the skirt and top that were made out of silk scarves the first time around. It would have been a nice nod to the collection the pieces came from but I guess that's too much to ask.

On another note, I always wonder who actually wears these collaborations. The H&M store here did carry all the previous lines and even though they tend to sell well at first I've never seen anyone wear Marni or Versace for H&M.
                        Last edited by Verdandi; 10-13-2012, 10:11 AM.
                        lavender menace

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                          I have to wonder though, considering Martin himself was very much not fond of attention/media (rarely gave interviews, stayed back stage after his shows always), is he as disgusted as some people here or is he careless.
                          or perhaps, in always holding his person apart from the brand, he has managed to avoid the agony of feeling that he has been essentially compromised. i'm tempted to speculate that Martin is something of a prophet in this regard....he must have known, at least by the time he signed on with Diesel, that this was a possibility, if not inevitable.

i think the clothes look good. they really mined the archives and found the signatures, in a way that the current creative team behind the house has (for the most part) failed to do.

but, as much as I usually seek the hopeful upside of these mass market collaborations, I can't get my head around the idea of this one and I can't get far enough away.

the CDG collab made sense to me because they have historically been among the avant-garde of the business side of fashion as well at the forefront of design. this project, on the other hand, seems to signify the utter failure of everything that MMM embodied. ugh
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

Comment

• #ruin
                              • Jul 2011

you know, i'm actually really liking the way a lot of that looks & how it's styled there. 2nd row, 2nd from left picture looks particularly interesting.

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

After seeing this collection I can't help but think the high street is actually 'catching up' on the constituents of fashion (the inherently non-high street, conceptual kind). Perhaps they may beat them at their own game too.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎