Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #ruin
    • Jul 2011

isn't this whole discussion a little meaningless though? when it comes to wearing rick it's pretty much "choose your own adventure". you can go down the tailored path, urban path, alien warrior or whatever! he caters to a wide variety of aesthetics and that's one of the things that makes him so great as a designer.

edit: you're only going to be perhaps thought to be associated with urban culture, if you wear urban rick. if you wear urban rick then there's a good chance you have some interest in urban culture anyway. i really don't see how anyone would see formal rick/alien warrior rick etc as anything to do with being urban, different worlds.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    when did "urban" and rocky's fashion sense become synonymous?
    when i think of urban rick, nothing that i've seen any rapper wear ever comes to mind. i'm not sure how they screw it up time and time again considering that it's one of the easier looks to pull off...
    Last edited by #ruin; 10-09-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

I just wish it was better rappers wearing Rick. Could you imagine Wu Tang or DOOM in Rick???

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

It's called SWAGcore

Comment

• sebastian
          • Feb 2009

Maybe both of you are right?

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

tyson chandler usually looks really good actually.

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
            I mean, dude is wearing a leather skirt in the niggaz in paris video... Usher was at the DD show. And apparently even Tyson Chandler is wearing sz kinda stuff... woot

Comment

• crtk001
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              This is so retarded, I like my rappers being ghetto and talking about violence, drugs and bitches, fashion just doesn't work (and anyway they had a go at it without reading the manual). WTF is this shit?

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

you won't catch bird man in no rick owens

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

hip hop goes (goth)ninja
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I want my 10 seconds back.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

that was horrible.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

Wow some rapper wears Rick so it isn't cool anymore?

I mean if anybody on this forum thinks they are in the know or "hipper" "cooler" or more relevant than Jay Z (or insert apper here) fine but I hardly find it reasonable to not wear something you like because personX likes it too. This is a reactionary form of reasoning and quite frankly lame as fuck.

PS: Gravediggaz (in particular that video above) RUUUUUUUUUUUUULZ FOREVVVVVVVVVVA

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

shut the fuck up already. jesus.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gavagai
                            • May 2010

Are you suggesting that not wearing something because someone else partakes isn't some reactionary and adolescent reasoning? I don't wear clothes because they are underground and obscure. Those are far from the reasons I shop the brands spoken of here and read these forums. Unsure what you particular issue is here...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I'm suggesting that you have some preconceived and reductive notion of this forum. Therefore, I am also suggesting you shut the fuck up. You bring nothing to this forum except an occasional snide remark outside of that thread.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• arby2001
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                                Are you suggesting that not wearing something because someone else partakes isn't some reactionary and adolescent reasoning? I don't wear clothes because they are underground and obscure. Those are far from the reasons I shop the brands spoken of here and read these forums. Unsure what you particular issue is here...
                                not because they are "underground" and "obscure" by principle, but because they are a form of counter-culture against the factory made product, sold at various price points to market nonsensical visions of a luxurious or "fly" lifestyle.

i do shop at places like uniqlo where stuff is functional and barebones. if i want something more i go for ma+ maybe, but the idea remains: quality products, some manual input, a high level of interaction between the designer and the products, no recognizable branding.

the problem is that when rappers start to pick up on that brand and get people to idolise it...it turns other people who originally liked it off. like it for shallow reasons like "oh kanye's wearing it, must be dope", instead of being able to truly appreciate the individuality of each piece.

but since rick has become a department store brand i don't doubt he enjoys the publicity and hype. not to mention that his leather starts feeling less and less like leather every subsequent season.
                                too skinny for rick

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎