Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hugo Boss and Moschino to MeatPacking district.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Hugo Boss and Moschino to MeatPacking district.

[quote user="matthewhk"]Just out of curiosity, what brands did that store L'Uomo carry?
    [/quote]

It was nothing exciting, standard fare for gay/straight executive "creative" types (kinda of what bakla described in another thread) - Hugo Boss red label, Bikkembergs, Gazzarini Uomo, and some other stuff I don't remember. The point is it was an indy boutique and a neighborhood staple (not to mention run by fellow Soviet Union exile), and now another private business bites the dust. Soon NYC will be like LA - all fucking chains and no diversity. Want a coffee - Starbucks, want to make copies - Kinkos, want to buy shaving cream - Duane Reade, etc.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

While I mourn the mallification of NYC (there's talk about Florent closing down as soon as this Spring) L'uomo was never anything to cry over. Even when the brands they carried were more relevant, the store never seemed that inspiring. Granted I was never the target customer, but I couldn't even recommend it to my more conservative friends - it was just neither here nor there.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]While I mourn the mallification of NYC (there's talk about Florent closing down as soon as this Spring) L'uomo was never anything to cry over. Even when the brands they carried were more relevant, the store never seemed that inspiring. Granted I was never the target customer, but I couldn't even recommend it to my more conservative friends - it was just neither here nor there.
        [/quote]

noooooo, Florent? Where is one to go for an omelette at 2 a.m. now?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

noooooo, Florent? Where is one to go for an omelette at 2 a.m. now?

[/quote]

yup, it's true. Their lease is up and the landlord wants to jack up the rent. This is the most depressing case so far, i think.

might as well re-name this thread "the slow death of the meat packing district"... [:(]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Death is coming...

MEATPACKING?Signage has finally gone up for the Moschino and Hugo Boss
            stores that will sit right next the Apple Store on West 14th Street.
            Boss is promising a summer opening, while shoppers will have to wait
            'til sometime this fall for Moschino to bow.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

i miss the cooler.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎