• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: The Sartorialist Exhibition in Chelsea

[quote user="sbw4224"]

The new pictures featuring Yale college students have produced some of the most pathetic comments I think I've ever seen. Kids are trying to tell him how unique everyone dresses at their school and that he should do a college tour. I know he didn't snap a picture yet of some girl in her nike shock x tights x northface fleece combo but it seems to be getting close to that.

This is an obvious reiteration of what's been said, but his blog has become worse as he's made more money.

[/quote]

Yes, clearly what the people who visit his site don't get is that Yale's campus is like every other fucking school's. Sure, you can pick and choose and find the preppy kids (god knows they're at Harvard, Penn etc.too) but 95% dress like every other college kid.

Leave it to a singular photographer to perpetuate the stereotype.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I happen to be at Yale right now visiting my friend. It's true, people don't dress better here than anywhere else, except maybe for a stronger east coast preppy aesthetic than I'm used to in the midwest. But I don't see what's wrong with Sarti taking a pic of a student that stands out even if he's not representative of the way most yalies look.
      music

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Hehe, oh it's all good. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the photos exactly. I just don't like the stereotype it'll perpetuate.

Have a good time at New Havennnnnn!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]I happen to be at Yale right now visiting my friend. It's true, people don't dress better here than anywhere else, except maybe for a stronger east coast preppy aesthetic than I'm used to in the midwest. But I don't see what's wrong with Sarti taking a pic of a student that stands out even if he's not representative of the way most yalies look.[/quote]

Cool man, you're close to my stomping grounds. I'm sure you might already know of these places, but you gotta try out Modern pizza and Pepe's pizza while your in New Haven.

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="iSuck"]The Sartorialist said ... (3:24 PM) :

I don't think of kanye as a celebrity I think of him as an artist

and i think he addresses the issue of his attitude and growth very well through his lyrics.

I am not a hip-hop fan but i think Kanye has moved past that genre and into a universe of true self-expression

go go Kanye

[74]

[/quote]

hey now...you know I'm Team Kanye all day. The man is a loose cannon but you can't say he's not genuine and passionate about everything he does whether it's making music or wearing clothes.

BTW I always wanted to hear more about the story where you were at LV the same time as him and he threw a hissy fit...PM me if you don't wanna clog up this thread. The man is performing at Bape's HK 2nd Anniversary concert in 2 days, would've loved to go but I won't be in town and I probably couldn't stand being surrounding by a thousand head to toe Bape/BBC clones anyway...

Comment

• iSuck
              • Mar 2008

That's the thing, his whiney and crying attitude about everything makes him seem like he is trying to hard and deserving of so much.

The LV deal wasn't that big. I had no idea who he was and he and a bunch of people were standing in the steps that lead from the men's shoes to the men's RTW in the BH store. My associate and I were blocked and I huffed and said "excuse me" and of course he turned around and glared. I think he got mad that neither myself nor my SA paid attention to the fact that it was KW...that and my associate was carrying my coffee behind me on the store's VIP china. ;)

Comment

Derailment: Richard Prince for LV? Where's the Americana in that?

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

its on the bitch whose carrying it
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                    • Mar 2007

i must say, the last week or so, the quality of Scott's blog has really taken a nose dive... post-"massive recognition"...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]its on the bitch whose carrying it
                      [/quote]

pm sent.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• iSuck
                        • Mar 2008

On the Street.....She Gets It, NYC

"To me this is a big part of what The Sartorialist is about.
                        She was able to see past what something was and was able to get excited about what something could be.
                        The skirt wasn't wrong it just wasn't right for her....yet."

I'm sorry; but, this girl looks horrible. It looks like she went to a thrift store, closed her eyes and got dressed.

The Sartorialist suddenly went from being well dressed/having style to "Oh hey...if your polyester Hawaiian shirt looks like shit MAYBE someone could figure out how to pull it off?"

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Sarty Mcfly quote of the day

This is what I call real personal style because it looks great on her but I'm not sure many other people could pull this off.

Comment

• iSuck
                            • Mar 2008

Re: Sarty Mcfly quote of the day

i wonder if he'll post my comment about the kid's shoes and hat runing a potentially great thom browne look

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

let us know the outcome

Comment

• mass
                                • Sep 2006

i'd like the guy's shoes... if he had some black laces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎