X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Sarty Mcfly quote of the day

yes, just amazing that someone wouldn't recognize Sartoria hard linen pants. Shocking, really. [85][86]
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• soultek
      • Feb 2007

[quote user="Faust"]/\ looks like that magazine went to shit after the first two issues. anyway, at least this is fashion related, but someone tell me what the fuck andre balazs was doing on their cover? what a joke. the whole magazine industry is a bad joke.
      [/quote]

I thought Fantastic Man had some of the makings of an interesting mag, but the writing is laughable--that's what never got me past the first issue.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="laika"]yes, just amazing that someone wouldn't recognize Sartoria hard linen pants. Shocking, really. [85][86]
        [/quote]

dyed black on top of it

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

[quote user="laika"]yes, just amazing that someone wouldn't recognize Sartoria hard linen pants. Shocking, really. [85][86]
          [/quote]

ahh i'm tired it's been a long day =/

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

matt, that was total sarcasm on my part, dear. [51]
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• aruva
              • Dec 2007

[quote user="soultek"]

[quote user="Faust"]/\ looks like that magazine went to shit after the first two issues. anyway, at least this is fashion related, but someone tell me what the fuck andre balazs was doing on their cover? what a joke. the whole magazine industry is a bad joke.
              [/quote]

I thought Fantastic Man had some of the makings of an interesting mag, but the writing is laughable--that's what never got me past the first issue.

[/quote]

I agree with faust. The initial issues ,featuring helmut lang really got me interested..later issues werre a steady downhill descent...the last issue FW 07 looked interestingand it featured vinoodh matadin and inez van lamsveerde. I was surprised to read vinoodh started off as a designer and had a couple of shows before making a splash with dior homme campaign.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

no more absolut ads...whats up sarty?
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• iSuck
                  • Mar 2008

http://bp0.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...Lacosteweb.jpg

"...reminds me of modern Jil Sander"

Kill yourself.

Comment

• iSuck
                    • Mar 2008

Seriously....WTF????

"So I'm walking in the East Village last week and stopped into a magazine store for some gum.

While I'm in there a young woman walks in and down an aisle, I barely saw what she was wearing but I was curious.
                    I guess she saw me looking because she said hi and that she was a fan of the site.

We spoke for a few minutes and while we were talking I kept trying to figure out how i could take a picture of her without getting those boots in the shot!

Anyway, I asked if I could take a shot of her but after a few tries I realized this would never go on The Sartorialist.

Those boots never make a girls legs look good, they always hit at the widest part of the leg which makes your leg look shapeless. I don't think I have ever shot a young lady for this site wearing that type of boot, or cowboy boots.

The hair is way too long and seems a bit old-fashioned for her and I don't get the tights/hose.

At least the dress is savable but that neckline combined with her hair does nothing for her long neck.

For all the people that say "she is so cute she would look good in a potato sack" well, here is the proof that even the cutest need to make good stylistic choices.

That's when I realized she needs a Sartorialist make-over. We are not going to make some huge transformation, she doesn't need it, but we can make a few changes that will really make a big impact on her personal presentation.

The first thing we are going to do is get her hair cut.

I'm no hair guru but I think we should go short.

What do you think?
                    We are going to try and do the cut on Wednesday so we need your feed back.

Her name is Phoenix and she is an illustration student. I think it would be great to get all that hair out of her face while she is drawing.

Since she is a student I thought we would also go to Gap or J. Crew for some reasonably-priced, easy Spring/Summer pieces that will fit into her lifestyle.

I have no idea how this will go but it could be a fun little project."

http://bp2.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...Phoenixweb.jpg

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

Sarty Mcfly, global inspirer, style authority, and makeover magician.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Re: Sarty Mcfly quote of the day

mrs sarty must be thrilled with this project.

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="iSuck"]

Seriously....WTF????

"So I'm walking in the East Village last week and stopped into a magazine store for some gum.

While I'm in there a young woman walks in and down an aisle, I barely saw what she was wearing but I was curious.
                          I guess she saw me looking because she said hi and that she was a fan of the site.

We spoke for a few minutes and while we were talking I kept trying to figure out how i could take a picture of her without getting those boots in the shot!

Anyway, I asked if I could take a shot of her but after a few tries I realized this would never go on The Sartorialist.

Those boots never make a girls legs look good, they always hit at the widest part of the leg which makes your leg look shapeless. I don't think I have ever shot a young lady for this site wearing that type of boot, or cowboy boots.

The hair is way too long and seems a bit old-fashioned for her and I don't get the tights/hose.

At least the dress is savable but that neckline combined with her hair does nothing for her long neck.

For all the people that say "she is so cute she would look good in a potato sack" well, here is the proof that even the cutest need to make good stylistic choices.

That's when I realized she needs a Sartorialist make-over. We are not going to make some huge transformation, she doesn't need it, but we can make a few changes that will really make a big impact on her personal presentation.

The first thing we are going to do is get her hair cut.

I'm no hair guru but I think we should go short.

What do you think?
                          We are going to try and do the cut on Wednesday so we need your feed back.

Her name is Phoenix and she is an illustration student. I think it would be great to get all that hair out of her face while she is drawing.

Since she is a student I thought we would also go to Gap or J. Crew for some reasonably-priced, easy Spring/Summer pieces that will fit into her lifestyle.

I have no idea how this will go but it could be a fun little project."

http://bp2.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/...Phoenixweb.jpg

[/quote]

ugh...

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

he needs to photograph someone fully darklord decked out with full on aggressive CCP/lots of chains/rings and see what people say in the comments.

Gentry was close... but we need to get closer.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

he needs to photograph someone fully darklord decked out with full on aggressive CCP/lots of chains/rings and see what people say in the comments.

Gentry was close... but we need to get closer.

[/quote]

I almost fear the comments that will arise from that.....

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

that's what would make it great!

unfortunately it would mean that El Sarty would be giving that look the thumbs up... and I don't know if I can swallow that...

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎