X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
    They had a special name for that room. Ahem..
    haha enlighten me please!
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by eleves View Post

haha enlighten me please!
      Nah. Just ask Constantin.
      sain't

Comment

• Quiet
        Banned
        • Nov 2014

rumor has it that it's some rich kids from china and a lot of brands arent willing to do business with them. it will be interesting to see which brands the new iteration of Atelier can hold on to in a years time. My guess is the old Atelier brands are showing up because it's the backstock of what Atelier didnt sell and once that stock is gone the brand's presence in the store will follow suit.

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

That might be a long time since they will be trying to sell the items at 4x the price they did not move at.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Quiet View Post
            rumor has it that it's some rich kids from china and a lot of brands arent willing to do business with them. it will be interesting to see which brands the new iteration of Atelier can hold on to in a years time. My guess is the old Atelier brands are showing up because it's the backstock of what Atelier didnt sell and once that stock is gone the brand's presence in the store will follow suit.
            No no no.

Unless there was a gold mine of additional stock off-site somewhere, Atelier was as good as wiped out from what I saw in it's final days. I hardly doubt any "new" business is going to try to pedal previously liquidated four year old m.a.+ jackets and Thamanyah kandoras as new arrivals and bill themselves as a dedicated stockist without having some current season offerings available.

If a designer doesn't want to be associated with a boutique, they'll pull out, plain and simple. Doesn't matter if it's "rich kids from china" or a "green martian from neptune" writing the checks for the orders. I can only assume that all the brands either want to be part of the reopening or contractually have to stick it out for a season or two.
            "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• noirgt
              • Oct 2012

All stock will be from current season and the old brands such as m.a+, augusta, LUC, etc. will be always there. If you look the new brand list closely you will see they didn't really lose any old popular brands except CCP and BBS, but added LEB, Deepti and Layer-0. Combining top tier artisanal brands with more design oriented commercial brands in a single store sounds like a good deal to me.

Atelier is opening to attract wider audiences and keep the fame of the legend, not to ruin it.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

What a load of bullshit.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
                  All stock will be from current season and the old brands such as m.a+, augusta, LUC, etc. will be always there. If you look the new brand list closely you will see they didn't really lose any old popular brands except CCP and BBS, but added LEB, Deepti and Layer-0. Combining top tier artisanal brands with more design oriented commercial brands in a single store sounds like a good deal to me.

Atelier is opening to attract wider audiences and keep the fame of the legend, not to ruin it.
                  Well, there are degrees of commerciality. I still don't understand what Ports is doing there.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Quiet
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    What a load of bullshit.
                    could be, but this information is from a long time buyer from a similar store. I suppose the best way to approach the new iteration of atelier is with an open mind.

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

4 X's the price? Please, be reasonable. Prices were higher due to import taxes, exchange rates and a very high over head but they weren't that ridiculous. Purchased many things there over the years and Id often spend a bit more to support them than another shop, but I wouldn't have if it were even close to overcharging.

The best part of A were the employees. All solid dudes that I still love and respect today. If that continues, people will work with them.

And yeah, there was little to no back stock to speak of once shit hit 75% off. Fucking madhouse in there. Line way down the hall.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

could be, but this information is from a long time buyer from a similar store. I suppose the best way to approach the new iteration of atelier is with an open mind.
                        and you dont think that wherever you heard that, there may not be some motivation to give you incorrect information?

For all Atelier's failings, I can tell you that they had GREAT relationships with most of the designers they dealt with. I personally have never heard a single designer saying they had problems in dealing with them.

Personally I dont like the new brand lineup, and I really think its Bull to think that someone buying the name had to go all Sellout in order to make it profitable.
                        I dont know the ins and outs as to why they ended up closing but not having a good e-commerce setup was bad on their part. The second problem was what seems to be addressed here but to me is being taken a bit too far............A diversity of brands at multiple price points.
                        Every high end store in today economy needs diversity of price points to stay competitive and to attract a wide assortment of customers to meet expenses and turn a profit, but I would have love to see atelier remain faithful to its original Philosophy while adding complementary mid tier brands to draw in Middle budget customers that are needed to be profitable..............this to me is a bit much,
                        however i wish them all the best, Its not about what i would like but what needs to be done to keep things going, and i am sure they know more about that than i ever could.............
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

So the answer is 29.

Numbers in red spell 20151... or 2015 1... January 29th sounds like their opening date.

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post

So the answer is 29.

Numbers in red spell 20151... or 2015 1... January 29th sounds like their opening date.
                            (2+cos0)! = (2+1)! = 3! = 1x2x3 = 6
                            (5-1)! = 4! = 1x2x3x4 = 24

so (2+cos0)! - 1 + (5-1)! = 6 - 1 + 24 = 29
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                              The best part of A were the employees. All solid dudes that I still love and respect today. If that continues, people will work with them.

And yeah, there was little to no back stock to speak of once shit hit 75% off. Fucking madhouse in there. Line way down the hall.
                              very true, gonna miss the old team even though I was relatively new to Atelier compared to many of the people on SZ, but all in all, they were a genuinely good group of guys. I got lucky (or unlucky) and missed all those lines towards the end but I did go in there two days in a row and tried to convince myself that I could make a kandora work for me haha, maybe someday...
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎