X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: Gang of Four: Comme des Garcons by Cathy Horyn

like the blog ax-ov. canNOT believe that picture of the owensdummy with the cock out. what a down to earth, regular guy he is after all.i'm sure all of us down to earth regular guys all have lifesize dick out wax models of ourselves somewhere around the home.... hell why wouldn't you.

contast with rei/cdg......dignity, integrity,introspection, as against, erm, wax genitals on display

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

^[74]

oh johnny, you're justso uptight.....[85][86]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Buckwheat
        • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting this laika. I was wondering what it is like working for Rei after watching the documentry. This article explains a little :)

I can see the tremendous pressure working for her. Her face shows "you better give me something good" in the studio.

It's interesting to know that Rei does actually smile and laugh.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

like the blog ax-ov. canNOT believe that picture of the owensdummy with the cock out. what a down to earth, regular guy he is after all.i'm sure all of us down to earth regular guys all have lifesize dick out wax models of ourselves somewhere around the home.... hell why wouldn't you.

[/quote]

What's the going rate for a wax model these days? I'll have to add one to my F/W 08 wish-list.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

^[74]

oh johnny, you're justso uptight.....[85][86]

[/quote]

hehe, tell me about it! By the way thanks for the article, really enjoyed it. There's no doubt that her moment has passed in terms of having amajor direct influence onthe way modernwomen dress, but I do think that her work and her methods of working do still inspire many other desigers, and therefore indirectly I think she's still quite important.

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Bumping this up, it's a great article that I was re-reading while thinking about the CdG collaborations going on.
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I still want to know who the fourth designer is...
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

^it's Fumito Ganryu, who's mentioned in the first few paragraphs of the article.
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

It's not much but you can see some of his stuff here.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                      ^it's Fumito Ganryu, who's mentioned in the first few paragraphs of the article.
                      I must be blind, cause I remember reading it and not getting the fourth designer's name, so I never bothered to reread it.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎