• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Rick Owens profile/feature in the New Yorker

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

just finished reading the article, only had time to go halfway through earlier..

the thought of Rick Owens, his parents in their 80's, Gareth Pugh and Courtney Love sitting next to Rei Kawakubo in some chinese restaurant is pretty hilarious, imagine walking in there. "uhh.. what the f...." [74]

great read, I really liked it.

[/quote]

its actually not just some chinese restuarant, its some celebrity obsessed gay chinese guy named Dave lusting after all the young male clientele while putting up polaroids of madonna and and whoever else he can get his hands on. celebrities like to frequent the same places so they can all remind themselves of how amazing they are....i should know 'bout 8 years ago i went there a number of times, and Dave wanted me...ehhhh....so he put up all these polaroids of us...i still have one somewhere...if i find it, which i hope i never do, i'll post.

"uhh.. what the f...." this part is def. accurate[86]

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AX-OV
      • Feb 2008

Thanks P-nod for scanning the pages of the article!!

I threw the images in to illustrator and blew them up as big as I could, without them becoming too Pixelized. Couldnt make out a couple words, but i got through it fine..

Really enjoyed reading it. I got an awkward feeling when Courtney love came into the picture talking to John about Kate Moss's house. She was getting around that week aye!!haha..

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Is it just me, or reading that article actually kinda made it sound like Rick was over having Mrs. Love around? I don't know, I kinda got that vibe from reading it....or maybe, because you can't really get a vibe from reading...I'm making it up in my head. But either way....she's a little bit of a freak.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"]Is it just me, or reading that article actually kinda made it sound like Rick was over having Mrs. Love around? I don't know, I kinda got that vibe from reading it....or maybe, because you can't really get a vibe from reading...I'm making it up in my head. But either way....she's a little bit of a freak.[/quote]

Courtney Hole is in the picture strictly for entertainment purposes. Rick was caught chuckling at the conversation she was having with his father because she is (and proves time and time again) a complete moron.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Is it just me, or reading that article actually kinda made it sound like Rick was over having Mrs. Love around? I don't know, I kinda got that vibe from reading it....or maybe, because you can't really get a vibe from reading...I'm making it up in my head. But either way....she's a little bit of a freak.[/quote]

You are correct, the tone of the article is very, very neutral. This is the New Yorker style writing, for better or worse. You can't quite figure out whether the author like RO or not, right? Not all of their articles are like that, but a lot are.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pjotr
              • Jul 2010

amazing to found the scanned article! but....... but two pages missing at the end... any possibility to upload these again?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎