• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Vogues Controversial Cover

hahagood comparison, I agree.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

faust does that mean no more teen highschool flicks with the same actors :(?[83]

superbad wasnt that bad [8-|]

[/quote]

EDIT: SUPERBAD-------it was funny in a stupid kind of a way- i laughed but laughed at myself for laughing- sometimes we need that.[75]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

how funny, i just watched that today. needed a silly mindless comedy. [75]

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

hands down one of the best sequences in the movie is where they flash back and the fat kid can't stop drawing penises. What sort of genius mind comes up with that?!!?!?!?!?! I love it!!!
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]hands down one of the best sequences in the movie is where they flash back and the fat kid can't stop drawing penises. What sort of genius mind comes up with that?!!?!?!?!?! I love it!!![/quote]

I know! in the ending credits too, endless pictures of the drawings. penis firemen, penis trains, penis rockets, penis wizards... disturbingly hilarious.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Yes, well said ndf. reminds me of this quote from Susan Sontag that I think I read somewhere here on sz...

?The
              discovery of the good taste of bad taste can be very liberating. The
              man who insists on high and serious pleasures is depriving himself of
              pleasure; he continually restricts what he can enjoy; in the constant
              exercise of his good taste he will eventually price himself out of the
              market, so to speak. Here Camp taste supervenes upon good taste as a
              daring and witty hedonism. It makes the man of good taste cheerful,
              where before he ran the risk of being chronically frustrated. It is
              good for the digestion.
              ?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

I was just thinking about who was given the job to fill an entire notebook with penis drawings. That must have taken a good bit of time... to think that this person (or persons) had to draw penis after penis... the whole time thinking about how this is what they went to college for.

That in itself is a great story hahahaha

Toilet humor is some of my favorite. My favorite comedian hands down is Dave Attell. The man is a genius.

Another hilariously underrated movie is Idiocracy. In the future, Fuddruckers becomes Buttfuckers? I mean come on!!! That's GOLD!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

Yes, well said ndf. reminds me of this quote from Susan Sontag that I think I read somewhere here on sz...

?The
                  discovery of the good taste of bad taste can be very liberating. The
                  man who insists on high and serious pleasures is depriving himself of
                  pleasure; he continually restricts what he can enjoy; in the constant
                  exercise of his good taste he will eventually price himself out of the
                  market, so to speak. Here Camp taste supervenes upon good taste as a
                  daring and witty hedonism. It makes the man of good taste cheerful,
                  where before he ran the risk of being chronically frustrated. It is
                  good for the digestion.
                  ?

[/quote]

Yea, but that becomes a question of limits, I guess. Whereas I enjoyed American Pie, I thought Superbad was just dumb.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I think they're quite different, american pie was a pretty typical teenager comedy, superbad was just a big joke, in a good way imo. saw it a second time with a couple of friends who wanted to watch it, and it was still pretty funny. just ridicilous punchlines, and its better if youre drunk [86]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎