X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yan
    • Mar 2008

Re: Rei Kawakubo for H&M

Hey but would it not still be a whole lot more desirable than what Kris van Assche has done at DH?

Comment

• tjoek
      • Apr 2008

Oh, I am looking forwards on his collection. Though I don't know whether I would get it or not....
      Usual problem with H&M.... fabric.

I used to like Zara n H&M but no more because of quality problem.

________
      vapir air one
      Last edited by tjoek; 01-19-2011, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• matthewhk
        • Jan 2007

i never liked zara or h&m precisely because of the quality...i would not have a problem with the pieces if they were a bit more toned down, just like a continuing capsule collection of basics, but the fact they always try to add these superfluous design details that are pointless (maybe people think more=more?) kinda turns me off from them. I've heard good things about Topshop/Topman but have never been to inspect in person.

And after looking at KvA's first collection for Dior Homme, I don't see why it's getting blasted so heavily. Granted i wasn't a fan of the showroom presentation, but in person the collection is no worse than Hedi's last several seasons. If anything I would say it is actually an improvement...especially in the fabrics used in the tailoring, feels slightly reminiscent of Jil Sander by Raf Simons, except in a Dior cut. The quality has improved slightly, and maybe that is why the prices have also gone up. The runway show for F/W 08 was truly a nightmare though, so maybe that's where it really starts to get bad...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

i never liked zara or h&m precisely because of the quality...i would not have a problem with the pieces if they were a bit more toned down, just like a continuing capsule collection of basics, but the fact they always try to add these superfluous design details that are pointless (maybe people think more=more?) kinda turns me off from them. I've heard good things about Topshop/Topman but have never been to inspect in person.

And after looking at KvA's first collection for Dior Homme, I don't see why it's getting blasted so heavily. Granted i wasn't a fan of the showroom presentation, but in person the collection is no worse than Hedi's last several seasons. If anything I would say it is actually an improvement...especially in the fabrics used in the tailoring, feels slightly reminiscent of Jil Sander by Raf Simons, except in a Dior cut. The quality has improved slightly, and maybe that is why the prices have also gone up. The runway show for F/W 08 was truly a nightmare though, so maybe that's where it really starts to get bad...

[/quote]

What collection? Same suits, jeans, and hoodies DH has been putting out for years hardly qualify to be called a collection, no?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

touche...maybe it's a transitional thing, but there's no signature items this season as every previous one at Dior did. Maybe that's why i was less critical in my judgment of the clothes, he went the safe route and didn't mess up like he seemed to have this coming fall...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]touche...maybe it's a transitional thing, but there's no signature items this season as every previous one at Dior did. Maybe that's why i was less critical in my judgment of the clothes, he went the safe route and didn't mess up like he seemed to have this coming fall...
              [/quote]

Did you look carefully at FW07? I thought it was actually Hedi's strongest collection since VoTC. There were definitely plenty of interesting pieces - especially leather.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

didn't pay too much attention to that season...for the past few seasons it seems Hedi's been churning out season after season of basic staple items with a few 'flash' items thrown in for good measure like those metallic leathers and what not. Maybe the local buy didn't present the stronger side of it or i overlooked. I was most disappointed with how drastically the quality of the suits went down though - i wasn't expecting something revolutionary like Solitaire or Reflection but i always thought that would've been the most reliable breadwinner of the brand.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Really? Wow. I thought suits were the one thing that was left untouched. That's a bummer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
                    • Jan 2007

nah the most evident argument for the decline of the brand was to see how the suits and tailored pieces in general got shoddier and shoddier, it was a slow but sure progression...some of the leathers were still fine at first glance, but then you had the horror stories about pockets ripping upon first wear, etc. and the rest followed.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎