• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalFashion
    • Mar 2007

Re: New Jil Sander Store Review

[quote user="iSuck"]

And then I went across the street to OC which had 7 associates and 2 customers and had wanted to throw up looking/listening to them.

[/quote]

Edit: heh, i guess we had opposite reactions....

Comment

• iSuck
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="xadam"][quote user="iSuck"]

[quote user="xadam"]my prediction is that, within a year, the first floor of the howard street store will become the women's dept, and the second floor, men's. no way they can make rent with a first floor museum.
      [/quote]

The store is a "loss leader", it's about image and not about making rent.

[/quote]

not sure if i buy that. they vacated the 57th st space because of rent, no?

[/quote]

The mega store in that location was probably 3-4x more expensive per sq. ft. than where they are at now.

Comment

• matthewhk
        • Jan 2007

Based on those pics the space looks very cold and clinical...there's something about the increasing detached-ness of Raf's recent work from what still feels human that I have a problem with. I liked the f/w collection, the s/s 09 was alright if not spectacular, yet the precision of the clothes comes across as a bit robotic and stiff. I had tried on some shirts/pants this season and when worn it was technically similar to a white shirt/khakis outfit i might normally wear, but it just felt so much more uptight for some odd reason i can't quite put my finger on.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

completely agree, matt. now, maybe it is possible to change the way the individual garments look, but when taken as a whole, i get the exact same vibe.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• coup de grace
            x
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by xadam View Post
            my prediction is that, within a year, the first floor of the howard street store will become the women's dept, and the second floor, men's. no way they can make rent with a first floor museum.
            prescient

inverted, but prescient

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎