Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

Faust=Eugene? Well agreed then - nicely done. I would say the last paragraph sums it up completely - only multiplied by about 100.
    And not only did the fashion world lose a great man, but the entire human race. This guy lived life and contributed so much-, words and pictures can never describe. And thanks for the link theetruscan. I had no idea that she also worked with Barney.
    I hope there will be some fashion tributes from his peers during fashion week.
    Last edited by laughed; 02-11-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

only a few days after the passing of his mum. sad story.

Comment

• mmmmrk
        • Dec 2009

There were tons of people outside his NY store today, placing flowers down by the doorway, and mourning...very SAD.

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Wow. My girlfriend is going to be devastated.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

thanks, laughed. I'll download it - I always enjoy reading your posts.

a photo that changed my life:

something that isn't usually brought up, but I've always loved Lee's personal style. Whenever I check out the slideshows of his collections the moment they hit the style sites, I admit that the first thing I've always done is go backwards from the first slide to see what he himself was wearing. Only other designers I do this with are Hedi Slimane and Yohji.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Pelleas
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Great piece. Thank you for that. Not a fan of all of his work but definitely respected him. RIP.

Comment

• laughed
                • Jul 2009

yeah that's a good one of amq.
                i really really think he lived the way he wanted to. he wore what he wanted. he didn't care. at all. it was like he was never trying. that's why i love the man. it was never like he was trying to dress like a designer. i mean, sure there are pictures like that and the one i posted - and then there are pictures where he IS decked out in full blown clown make up and top hats with chains hanging on his face, but i just think he did it when he wanted to. it was real to him. i didn't know him but it's like he didn't even care about fashion - it was just a part of him - it was his to do. i have a feeling this thread is going to go on for a very very very long time.
                Again, this is just a guess, but I really think that he was one of those types that during life, never realized his full potential. I don't think he took fashion seriously and was busy enjoying life, partying, etc. whatever....that's another reason why i see him as being great. I think that he made these amazing pieces of work and really wasn't even going 100 percent. I can only imagine if he had been and obviously still been going. There's no telling.

I also think a lot of people don't take his work as serious as others because of the way he treats it himself, but whatever.

edit:
                a friend of mine paid his respects today. This is one of the pics he sent me outside the store. Click for full view.
                Last edited by laughed; 02-12-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Lumina
                  • Dec 2009

I can't stop thinking about all the incredible beautiful ideas we'll never see.
                  The thought of it is devastating. His clothes made me dream in a way few designers did. I just had to look at pictures of the runway, I didn't need to own the clothes, just to see them was enough.

May he rest in peace...

laughed : Thanks for the links

Comment

• almroth
                    • Jul 2008

laughed, I kind of have the same picture of him. and I like it. after all, he dropped out of school as a 16 year old because he wanted to make clothes. pretty impulsive and naive, but things worked out excellent. (kind of wanted to retract that right after I wrote it, considering the news, but there's no denying there has been excellence) I also believe this should be the focus of the thread, rather than speculations about his death.

Comment

• almroth
                      • Jul 2008

(catwalking.com)

some favourites from givenchy hc ss00.

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

Beautiful, thanks almroth.
                        I hope nobody will use the disrespectful "I would kill for this" phrase in this context again.

Comment

• whitney
                          • Dec 2009

ouch, you wound me DRRRK. you truly do.

I meant no disrespect when I said that, and I don't see how killing and suicide can be viewed in the same context BUT I admit reflecting back it's not exactly the best choice of words. however that's how I feel about that jacket: it's something worth fighting, dare I say killing, for. I am sorry you interperted it another way
                          you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

I don't like this phrase at all and the lightness of its use. I don't want to censor anybody but in this context it is just inappropiate without any further interpretation. As much as I don't like this phrase I don't want to discuss this any further because this would lead in the wrong direction for this thread.

Comment

• laughed
                              • Jul 2009

no prob Whitney - no offense taken here. ;)
                              Last edited by laughed; 02-12-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

laughed, i think you should turn off your TV and just concentrate on your own feelings. there is no point in venting.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎