• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    Il faut en planter des aiguilles pour ĂȘtre Marc Guyot!

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
      Marc Guyot c'est l'excentricité

indispensable video link: http://www.ma-gold.fr/uploads/wizman/shopping.mov
      Marc Guyot c'est le raffinement!
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• bless you bleed
          • Jan 2010

Was watching the game the other day.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

lmao, I like how they didn't resort to one outfit but are dressed as different kobes
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

i know a few architects, and they pretty much are all fans of the form over function etc. idea, not pure minimalism, but certainly an aversion of decoration or ornamentation for the sake of it. modesty is perhaps the best way of describing it. i don't think any of them would ever conceive of wearing the typical SZ style. while i understand the point about asceteticism, isn't that part of the aesthetic, and therefore part of the decoration? it serves no purpose other than to create a surface, and in that way, it has no external purpose. there's nothing wrong with that, and I know that that doesn't mean that only pure minimalism can have validity in this context, but I'm not sure that wearing these types of clothes can justify an appeal to intellectual rigour or discipline. some of these clothes can be very fussy, and quite "flash" in my view. you need quite a big personality to pull them off (this is pretty much accepted here), and they are very expensive, and therefore I think that they run sometimes quite contrary to the idea of "modesty" in design.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Asceticism is not the first word I would use. I would say maturity and sophistication (and, dare I say, elegance?!).

I think the clothes being expensive is rather tangential to this discussion. One can argue that good architecture and furniture is expensive too. A lot of vulgar, garish clothes are expensive as well, and you can put a nice sober outfit not very expensively either.

Anyway, I'm quite happy that this thread produced some interesting discussion. Tired of all the where to kop bullshit already.

Bleed, that picture is pretty hilarious, haha!!!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  She can afford it, but I can't. I appreciate Rick's clothes and can relate to them, but she does not and cannot. So, if we assume that Rick has authenticity, who does he want as his customer?

I don't begrudge her, I disdain her. And I would imagine so does Rick - otherwise he would not refuse to go to the Met ball.
                  been absent for most of this so my two nuts -- I know a lot of these types of women that are being ruthlessly and easily attacked here (well maybe they don't wear gucci sunglasses) - along the lines of the elitist celeb bashing- and I always find when I'm in their company (the majority of them) that they are the kindest sweetest people around and their generousity knows no bounds. their desire to know about latest trends and the "street" is also surprising as is their ability to retain and engage. and often they know insider info that is astonishing to hear, especially when we think we know it all.
                  Last edited by philip nod; 05-10-2010, 02:10 PM.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Let them register here then !

Comment

• merkuri
                      • Sep 2009

he never said he grew up in the hood,, his dad was very well off.

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
                      went to high school with kobe (ps, he lies about growing up in the hood)

god how he would have railed on the kid who wore a white tassled doma head scarf back then...

Comment

• merkuri
                        • Sep 2009

i dunk in dick so there. the guys i play with think wearing them during games is hysterical. staples be damned.

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                        agreed. i wonder how many people on here with rick dunks could actually dunk a basketball. aside from Christian (because of the height and he is generally capable of doing anything.) so, so much for authenticity.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          been absent for most of this so my two nuts -- I know a lot of these types of women that are being ruthlessly and easily attacked here (well maybe they don't wear gucci sunglasses) - along the lines of the elitist celeb bashing- and I always find when I'm in their company (the majority of them) that they are the kindest sweetest people around and their generousity knows no bounds. their desire to know about latest trends and the "street" is also surprising as is their ability to retain and engage. and often they know insider info that is astonishing to hear, especially when we think we know it all.
                          do they ask you for it with the same kind of bourgeois condescending sympathy, "what are the plebs on the street wearing?" sounds like some new kind of colonialism. fuck 'em, they are irrelevant dinosaurs.

and i don't know since when elitism has become automatic criticism? this is definitely a postmodern disease. meritocracy and elite are inseparable.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

be as cavalier as you want, but the woman who is doing ricks furniture show would also be included in the crosshairs of your disdain.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• merkuri
                              • Sep 2009

kobe is a polarizing figure. see?

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

yep, i hate kobe. long live the king.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀