Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Ford at LFW: no bloggers, no stream, no photos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Tom Ford at LFW: no bloggers, no stream, no photos!

He also did it in NY in september, don't know if it has been discussed yet (sorry if so, didn't find it). But Tom Ford doesn't allow any bloggers, streams, photos, twittering etc at his LFW show. IMHO, from his point of view, it is quite a wise move -- he's acting differently, gives exclusivity a boost and, by limiting media, creates a media hype. And he extends the time until ZARA copies hit the street. well, by 2-3 days at least.

The celebrated designer's London Fashion Week show will be a private, intimate affair with no photographs – just like launches used to be
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Considering the price of his clothes, I guess he couldn't care less about wether teenage bloggers write about his shows or not. His audience probably don't read fashion blogs, on the contrary...

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

Love or hate TF, but I don't think ZARA is able to come even close to TF tailoring. At least from what I've read, heard, saw. I might have to go touch some of it and see what's up.

Comment

• ES3K
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
        Considering the price of his clothes, I guess he couldn't care less about wether teenage bloggers write about his shows or not. His audience probably don't read fashion blogs, on the contrary...
        Most blogs I've seen are more about Prorsum, Balmain or Tom Ford than brands which are discussed here.

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

The majority of blogs follow the hype. Either Tom Ford could invite one or two of the big hitters and get glossed over in just another post, or limit everything and get the bloggers really interested. Forbidden fruit is always more tempting.

I get invites for LFW shows as a blogger, and to be honest I hate being grouped with that crowd. You go and its just people going to be seen and doing everything they can to be shot by some streetstyle blogger, rather than going to see the show and the clothes on the catwalk. I love fashion week, but I could do without the people going to "be seen".
          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎