• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

New article on Rick Owens

From the Independent
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

so-so article but man i just love that guy. Michèle too.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I question someone who commissions wax figures of themselves...but hey, he's a brilliant mind, so who am I to judge!
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        I question someone who commissions wax figures of themselves...but hey, he's a brilliant mind, so who am I to judge!
        Ha, mate - check your avatar.
        Nice interview, he must get tired of repeating the same stuff though, although his honesty about his dad is something quite recent. Surprisingly open, I like it.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Actually, Mr.Beyus, he spoke about it in the New Yorker article, much of which was lifted for this article.

Sorry for posting it before reading it - I was running out of the house. Indeed there is not much new there, mostly stuff the New Yorker article already covered. But in a way I understand - big paper, dilettante audience, so you have to put the bio in, etc. I had to do the same for my piece.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

thank you for this, as someone who is still relatively new to rick, and a couple of these other labels on here. This really spoke to me because I saw parallels between my life, and this hailed designer.

It just makes that much more sense to me why these garments provoke the feelings which they do when I see the clothes. It has brought to light a lot about myself, and it has only further fueled my addiction.

Comment

• thejarc
              • Jan 2011

Well, I read a while ago that he turned over 30 Million but now 50 Million? That's a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎