Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obscur opens up a flagship store in STHLM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quiet noise
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Obscur opens up a flagship store in STHLM!

(i was a little unsure about wich forum to post this in, but decided DATW seemed like the right place after all.)

either way, it turns out that today 6/5, our goth lord richard has opened up a flagship store in Stockholm, @ Hagagatan 30. the opening hours are WEEKDAYS: 11.00-17.00.

Become a fan of Obscur on facebook for pictures and information.

Im in a mild state of shock, as i had no idea this was about to happen and im really happy that stockholm finally has a shop worth mentioning and visiting.
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

I find it rather strange, as I don't think Obscur has a large enough body of work to dedicate an entire store to.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• MWNN
      Banned
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
      I find it rather strange, as I don't think Obscur has a large enough body of work to dedicate an entire store to.
      Why do you think so?
      For example SS11 has more than 30 articles in it, and practically all are awesome.

Comment

• sagill1119
        • Oct 2010

another season to visit STHLM

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MWNN View Post
          Why do you think so?
          For example SS11 has more than 30 articles in it, and practically all are awesome.
          It's because I've never seen Obscur as a brand that most people could make an entire wardrobe of. I think a lot of it is just too out there (even for me). There are great individual pieces, and I like what Soderberg is doing. But where I can see someone building an entire wardrobe from Rick Owens, MA+, or Julius, all of Obscur's offerings, while consistent, to me don't provide enough balance to allow a wearer to take four or five pieces and wear them head to toe in a serious manner everyday.

Comment

• Piffen
            • Aug 2007

Along the lines of Sombreresplendences posts I'm thinking: is there a market for Obscur in STHLM? Who'll buy it?

Also, nice to see he's doing well. I rememeber Macabre and the home sewn jersey stuff he used to do back then.. He's come a long way!

Cool news anyway.

Comment

• JohnConrad
              • Feb 2011

I actually visited the store today between meetings. Thought it was amazing, the guys have really put some effort in creating something unique. I understood it as the store is a combined office/boutique and that it felt natural for them to open something in their native country.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnConrad View Post
                I actually visited the store today between meetings. Thought it was amazing, the guys have really put some effort in creating something unique. I understood it as the store is a combined office/boutique and that it felt natural for them to open something in their native country.
                I can confirm that it's a combination of a sales office and a shop.

Congrats Richard!

Comment

• ink
                  • Sep 2010

ANYONE CAN UPLOAD SOME PICS?

Comment

Some pics from the opening party (which I sadly missed), through their facebook group:

Comment

• MWNN
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Eternal
                      Who were invited to the party? I would have gone if I knew, and I've not seen any swedish "fashion" press cover it yet. It's cool to keep it undercover if you have the clientele for it, but some press online at Cafe and King magazine would not hurt.

I guess the rent is really cheap considering the location, so it's not much to loose considering it's being used as an office space as well. Inventory is the only risk it seems. I'm happy for all the guys at Obscur, and I'll go take a look this summer I guess.
                      Buyers was invited and friends.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

An office and boutique combination makes more sense than a stand-alone store.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Richard is doing well, as I remember the every early days of Obscur (even though it was before my time here; I was just baffled by the news initially.

Comment

• rottentomatoes.
                          • Mar 2008

Snap! Thought it would gain only a small group of attention.
                          Is there any chance you can see the clip online?

Comment

• Church82
                            • Jun 2011

I have to agree whit Sombreresplendence!

As Obscur is doing a very good job it seems impossible to wear a total look ..... although AW11/12 should be a little cleaner.

Good luck

Comment

Varför????? "..hey, that the store of brand, which I saw yesterday morning, while I prepare my son to school.. let's see..."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎