X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Safebaby
    • Apr 2008

WTB: Raf Simons S/S 2004 Collection

Hey All - Looking for T's and Outerwear from Raf's s/s2004 collection. Been looking for awhile but it seems not to be anywhere!
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: WTB: Raf Simons S/S 2004 Collection

The Siddhartha collection? Really?
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Safebaby
      • Apr 2008

yeah - i've recently fallen in love with it...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Interesting. I thought, back then, that it was quite a departure for Raf. Would you mind elaborating on why you live it?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Safebaby
          • Apr 2008

i remember seeing it at A in new york and thinking that it didn't seem right, but for some reason it popped back into my head recently and for me right now it's completely right - i'm desperate for some of the hoodies and t's with the beading!

Comment

• TypicalFashion
            • Mar 2007

not s/s but...

"Horyn
            thinks Simons is one of the few designers who has actually moved
            fashion forward, too. She remembers with particular fondness seeing the
            autumn/winter 2004 Raf Simons show: 'It was a Saturday night in Paris,
            July 2004; it was the History of My World show, staged on escalators.
            It was one of those truly rare moments. I've only stood up once for a
            designer at a fashion show, but I wish I'd stood up then, because it is
            still one of the great modernistic collections. [Designers] say they
            want to talk about the future but it's rarely believable. This was.'"

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="TypicalFashion"]

not s/s but...

"Horyn
              thinks Simons is one of the few designers who has actually moved
              fashion forward, too. She remembers with particular fondness seeing the
              autumn/winter 2004 Raf Simons show: 'It was a Saturday night in Paris,
              July 2004; it was the History of My World show, staged on escalators.
              It was one of those truly rare moments. I've only stood up once for a
              designer at a fashion show, but I wish I'd stood up then, because it is
              still one of the great modernistic collections. [Designers] say they
              want to talk about the future but it's rarely believable. This was.'"

[/quote]

Weird, I thought it was one of Raf's weakest collections...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Safebaby
                • Apr 2008

i have to agree - in terms of how i view raf. but on its own - without the association i think its fantastic!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Safebaby"]i have to agree - in terms of how i view raf. but on its own - without the association i think its fantastic![/quote]

I wasn't referring to the Sihartha (sp) collection. Still would love to know in detail why you like it.[51]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                    • Sep 2006

The Horyn quotation is a bit misleading: History Of My World was AW 05/06 but the show staged on escalators was SS05 (this must be the one she was watching in July 04). Faust I think you liked the AW show in retrospect didn't you ("isolated hero gets a desk job")? And I know wire.artist and I both think it was Raf's highpoint.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]The Horyn quotation is a bit misleading: History Of My World was AW 05/06 but the show staged on escalators was SS05 (this must be the one she was watching in July 04). Faust I think you liked the AW show in retrospect didn't you ("isolated hero gets a desk job")? And I know wire.artist and I both think it was Raf's highpoint.
                      [/quote]

Yes, that show I liked. I thought it was a transitional moment.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Safebaby"]i have to agree - in terms of how i view raf. but on its own - without the association i think its fantastic![/quote]

I wasn't referring to the Sihartha (sp) collection. Still would love to know in detail why you like it. [51]

[/quote]

Specifically, it makes me think of the Eloi from The Time Machine, I'm not sure how to describe further in detail. It is almost as if Raf rejected the rigid futurism of a lot of his work, and focused on this idea of an organic, pastoral future... Post-utopian? I have no idea.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

It just seemed like such a derailment from his style. As if he was so influenced by that book that he decided to take a detour and do an entire collection on it. However, since that book affected many a rebellious teenager, it still kinda fits in with Raf's spirit, if not with his aesthetic.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                            • Sep 2006

It is a derailment, but it makes sense, in a way. Instead of cigarettes and joy division, maybe raf took a bunch of shrooms and listened to Future Sound of London for a couple of weeks? :D

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎