Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cycle-Two.com Launching Tonight At Midnight EST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Cycle-Two.com Launching Tonight At Midnight EST!

awesome to see that a good number of pieces have been snatched up! excellent work.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Yeah, items are going much faster than I had anticipated!

I'm guessing that the site will have an ebb and flow to it. I'd prefer to put a bunch of items up at once instead of a single piece here and there. So as large shipments come in, I'll list them all in one go or at least in batches.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

may i suggest a blog or a news section to let people know when the latest drops occur or what you've been accumulating? or will that be handled by your e-mails?
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• macuser3of5
          • Sep 2006

Good merch, I have a few friendly suggestions for the site itself, that shouldn't be too hard to impliment. I would change the contact link to a page, which describes not only your email address in full, but expected turnaround time for response. IME, many users will have hotmail/gmail/webmail accounts, and aren't savvy enough to read the hyperlink to get your contact info, and clicking the link will either do nothing or just load outlook/random mail client.

I would also suggest retooling your site for a more standard res, like 1024x768, or use floating/relative divs/tables so the content is more elastic and resolution independent. On my work machine, the Cart link is cut in half (visually), and I'm not sure if there is a link further down the chain that I just cannot see at all.

In terms of design, the overall effect is nice, though I would size down the sidebar and the logo frame, they seem overly large and stealsomefocus and windowspaceaway from the goods.

All in all, good stuff, the Jil Sander skull shirt is quite tempting [:)]

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Thanks for the suggestions [:)]

I agree on the contact info, I wanted to implement a form based e-mail system so people can type directly in the main frame. I need to figure out the php for it right now. I have the code saves in a notepad file just need to get it to work correctly.

The optimization issue is the main one right now. I'm going to be working on that straight away. I knew it was an issue (thus I suggested the optimum viewing method on the intro page) but I'm not program savvy enough at the moment to sort it out without some sitting-down. I tried setting up the frames so that they auto-resize (sort of like how my intro page image auto-resizes to the size of the window) It'll be worked out asap. If you or anyone is familiar with dreamweaver 8 and can help me do a quick fix, it'd be much appreciated!

There will be some reworking of the site as time goes on. I had set a launch date for myself as a personal goal and wanted to meet it. Once I head over to Berlin, I'll have tons more time to work on the site and make it sharper and clearer.

Items are disappearing fast, Agent L is buying the elephant CCP overlocks which means aside from the shoes, all the CCP has been bought up within 12 hours of being available!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]may i suggest a blog or a news section to let people know when the latest drops occur or what you've been accumulating? or will that be handled by your e-mails?
              [/quote]

I was planning on letting people know via my cycle.two mailing list like you have mentioned. It's worked out pretty well so far. New arrivals will be noted as the CDiem/Linea/Lmaltieri ones were on the main page. Since I won't be stocking tons and tons of merchandise, it'd be only a few minutes for people to click through to see what new stuff has arrived as well :)

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Congratulations!!

Two suggestions:

1)Have the sizing on the main items page, it'll help potential customers save time

2)Provide better pictures, I know dark items are hard to photograph but unless you're absolutely sure of what you're getting that dark puddle of fabric may not be an attractive choice

3) While I'm not going to ask you to reveal your sources, having a generic idea of where an item is from helps assess the condition and if we want to purchase or not. For exemple Coldrice says when his stuff is from those japanese second-hand shops but doesn't mention specifics...Are these yahoo auctions ebay, etc/century21/personal buys carefully preserved by you/new items bought from stores/etc. I assume it's an aggregate of those but maybe you have a different source that could really inspire confidence in a potential buyer that doesn't know you from this forum or elsewhere.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I thought about putting sizing on the main items pages but it ended up being a bit cluttered. I may do what bluefly does and show the size on the mouseover popup. The thing is, a lot of the items the tagged size varies tremendously from the actual size. That's why I scrapped it. For example, the Cloak size 32 pants are much wider in the waist than standard Cloak 32s. I will never really carry a ton of items, so I don't think it'll be an issue for browsing.

the pictures are tricky. I'm working on that one and I think i may have a solution for the future that retains true colors while showing detail. It's all in the lighting and method of lighting.

as for the third, I don't think it's an issue. Any potential defects in the items are listed (just about all are pristine/new with the CCP shoes being the exception) and location is not a matter because all the merchandise is in-hand. Coldrice lists the locations purely because he's serving as a middleman. All the items you see on the storefront are in my physical possession. I touch on this in the FAQ and so far it's been a non-issue.

Thanks for the well wishes and thanks for the suggestions and patience as I iron out these issues. Sometimes I wish I had a programming/design team to fall back on but I need to do everything myself and it's just a side project hehe

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Put in my first order this morning. Some very interesting pieces you acquired for the site that's for sure. How often do you think new merchandise is going to come onto the webstore?
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

I think it'll depend on how much stuff I receive at a time. If it's a few misc. items I may just wait and put up 5-10 pieces at a time. If I get a shipment of a few items from one brand, I'll list them straight away.

Once medical school starts though the updates may be about every 2-3 weeks. I'm expecting the site to have a ton of merchandise all at once which will sell quickly, and then slow sales for a couple of weeks (usually the higher priced items) and then new stock will be made available to start the cycle all over again.

Again, it's currently a one man job and I'm doing medical research, soon-to-be-attending med school, and other things, but I'm trying to keep this site up to date and consistently stocked.

When I go to Berlin in March, I'll be able to dedicate a lot more time to it and you'll probably see a large amount of merchandise up during that time frame. Afterwards, it'll be more like I mentioned up above.

Best,

A

Comment

• nairb49
                        • Dec 2006

So you got in! Congratulations! Interviews start in a couple weeks for me.

As for pics of stuff being worn, contacting you will definitely be the best way. Perhaps putting a mention of that on the page would help? ie. e-mail for pics of stuff being worn, it will be if possible etc etc.

I was originally thinking of the wjk, and how it draped in particular..... ;)

Comment

• Spencer
                          • Feb 2007

Albert, the site looks fantastic! As does its contents. It felt like an eBay auction waiting to end as midnight approached. Furiously tapping refresh so that I wouldn't miss anything. I only wished that the items I was interested in were in my size. Oh well. But I'm glad to see that things are selling at a rapid rate, and am certainly looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us all.

~ s

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

So you got in! Congratulations! Interviews start in a couple weeks for me.

As for pics of stuff being worn, contacting you will definitely be the best way. Perhaps putting a mention of that on the page would help? ie. e-mail for pics of stuff being worn, it will be if possible etc etc.

I was originally thinking of the wjk, and how it draped in particular..... ;)

[/quote]

Thanks! Good luck with your interviews :)

I got in actually around October, so I've known for a while.

In terms of me wearing the items and sending photos, I'm really trying to make the website as automated as possible. It would ultimately become a massive time drain to provide custom photos for everyone. I can snap a photo of the wjk being worn, but it won't be something that I offer on the website. Especially when med school starts, I want to make the whole process as streamlined and automated as I can. Balancing med school, traveling to visit my girlfriend, the website, and other hobbies is going to be tricky and the website will ultimately become a non-priority if necessary.

PM me your e-mail and I'll get a photo to you straight away!

and thanks Spencer! Hopefully I"ll have some pieces in your size in the next update!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Hi guys!

If you'd like to be added to the mailing list for Cycle-Two please pm me your e-mail address.

Mailing lists will let you know about new arrivals as well as specials (free shipping, discounts etc.) that often won't be offered on the website itself.

Have a great sunday everyone!

-Albert

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Everyone who pm'd me has been added!

Don't miss out!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎