X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Siki Im S/S 12

The last Siki thread was closed because I guess it was created by someone to do with the company...
    But I just had to blow Lowery's spot, collection looks great from this scoute article (hope you don't mind me posting the pics):

music
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by edhohoho
          Seems all too similar to RO. Not sure I'm a fan.
          stop with the pointless one liners. if you have nothing to say, you don't have to reply just for the sake of it.

and this looks nothing like RO. you should probably browse around a bit more before commenting.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Hmm, no discussion about this, am I the only one who thinks this is totally awesome? Siki is really hitting his stride, this winter's American Indian collection was great and this too is very solid. I wasn't so sure about the runway presentation for this season with all the denim looks, but here the clothes look fantastic. I own a few items of his now and the fit, quality, construction and interesting design details are all top notch. Though not at all derivative of Helmut Lang, Siki's clothes really hit the spot for me that's been missing since Lang left fashion.
            music

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I very much like the sharply cut blazer...and surprisingly, the peculiar cornflower blue works rather well with the otherwise black palette...even if it veers dangerously close to hospital scrub territory. I don't know much about the designer, but I like all but the cargo-pocket pieces.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

I like it...I think the reason for the lack of excitement is the oft used 'derivative' explanation. There are some nice pieces in here and I think overall, it's an impressive line but most of this probably feels like it's been done to a lot of people. I've heard that the difference is in handling and trying on the pieces but that's not an option for everyone.

To be honest, at $1700+ American retail for a blazer (Blackbird), there are just a lot of other designers that have more allure in my opinion to the person looking for this kind of aesthetic. I like the fact that his pieces are made in America but I think to most people, that's probably not a big consideration. And it's a really tough time economically to be selling something like fashion in an environment where most are waiting for sales and the competition is really rigid.

And the harsh truth is that sometimes the label and name are more important than the skill of the tailoring or the design. I realize he's worked with Karl Lagerfeld and at Helmut Lang and won some pretty prestigious awards but when you throw your name into the same ring as way more established designers and labels, it's going to be tough to make a name for yourself following in a certain niche that already has leaders.

He's doing much more exciting things than designers like Raf and KVA but those guys have the name recognition and history of building their names and lines. I think we'll see impressive things out of Siki Im in the future if he can maintain some momentum. It's not like he has to perfect his tailoring...I think those skills are honed. It's more of just finding his own stride and getting some more respect by breaking some new ground that hasn't already been broken.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• rebenka
                  • Jan 2011

I completely agree... In comparison to his last collections it seems he is (at his own steady pace) pushing the envelope with the "extremity" of his pieces. I like how he's gone a bit further with the silhouettes here with regards to last collections; I.e those deep drop crotch shorts and the heavier outerwear. Even the styling is a bit more adventurous. I really like this collection (looks so wearable) and I can only have optimism for his next collection... Will be interesting to see how he fares with the prices in this climate though.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                    • Jan 2010

What strikes me about this is that everything (aside from the blazers which I'm not keen on), looks really comfortable/casual/wearable and light too (though the colour perhaps detracts from the fact it's an s/s collection but doesn't bother me personally).

Materials also look pretty clean and crisp and if I had any idea where to get a look id be keen to see what it's like up close. Looking at each pic individual pieces dont necessarily look like they'd stand out but whole outfits fit together really well and I think a lot of this would integrate well into a lot of more casual wardrobes.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                      • Sep 2010

More going on in the trouser department. If you will excuse the pun.

The shorts, drop crotch, and in particular the shin length wides with the front tie are original and well worth investigating.

Looks good for a hot summer.
                      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I like this quite a bit, its a nice cross between tailored wear, technical elements (fabrics and details) and interesting silhouettes. I can't help but to think that this is what Damir should be doing today.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• modern77
                          • Oct 2006

Haven't seen any of it in person, but I like the direction that Siki Im is taking. Comfortable, clean and progressive. Interested to see how he continues to develop.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                            • Jan 2010

[QUOTE=lowrey;352650]I like this quite a bit, its a nice cross between tailored wear, technical elements (fabrics and details) and interesting silhouettes. I can't help but to think that this is what Damir should be doing today.[/]

A few could take a leaf out of this book, shows the benefits of minimalist styling and less is more if done well, so much easier to appreciate the work.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              I like this quite a bit, its a nice cross between tailored wear, technical elements (fabrics and details) and interesting silhouettes. I can't help but to think that this is what Damir should be doing today.
                              Agree and actually A few could take a leaf out of this book, shows the benefits of minimalist styling and less is more if done well, so much easier to appreciate the work.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎