Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t-bone
    • Dec 2009

definitely some weird shit going on (the blue plastic bag shirt??? wookie coat???) but i don't have as visceral a reaction to the high waisted pants as everyone appears to be having. its obviously a styling decision for the show to showcase them, i'm sure there will be the other standard variations, plus a high waist and a drop crotch are one in the same depending on the waist cut, i am sure they can be worn lower. i actually loved the subtler version in the middle looks with the slim calves and slight drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      There are a few decent looks, a few meh's...but this, this is inexcusable:

Knowing that Lynch's Dune is one of his big inspirations, I'm not so shocked by the puffy jackets as such.

My favorites from the collection were the tailored blazers, other than there are too many raver kid/costumey pieces and too many Fast and the Furious leathers...

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

So, what the fuck happened to Owens' philosophy on wearability? I'm sure he's going to sell all this stuff RTW, but am I actually supposed to cruise WeHo in a bomb squad jacket? Is it bulletproof, will it protect me from haters?

Comment

• avout
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
          Too complicated, his simplicity was what I always loved
          Completely agree.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
            So, what the fuck happened to Owens' philosophy on wearability? I'm sure he's going to sell all this stuff RTW, but am I actually supposed to cruise WeHo in a bomb squad jacket? Is it bulletproof, will it protect me from haters?
            This made me lol.

No but seriously, just saying again: the high-waist pants are not that bad?

Comment

• elephantstone
              • Jan 2011

I actually like Rick's last collection much better....cannot see my self actually wearing a skirt in the nearest future but I do appreciate the his aesthetic which mixed masculine with elegance....

But this......I don't know what to say........ Must be the worst Rick collection I have ever seen....... This imo is almost on par with Raf's "best of" in recent years.....

Felt kinda sad really, but guess no noe can keep it up forever

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                This made me lol.
                Honeys want to chat
                But all we wanna know is "Where the party at?"
                And can i bring my gat?
                If not, I hope I don't get shot
                Better throw my vest on my chest
                'Cause niggaz is a mess

I think I just figured out how to style that jacket. Can a nigga get a photoshop on Biggie Smalls?

Comment

• Zenith
                  • Jun 2009

This is the first RO season where I actually dislike the proportions, super high waist trousers and super cropped jackets, bleh. Then you get the garbage tent clothes, oh my.

Still, the middle set of pictures have some strong looks, I'd love for that blazer in 12 to be a little longer in the body, and the final set of boots are the perfect mix of the low snaps and the side zip creepers. Love pic 21/22 also.

I'm really hoping you guys don't decide you love ugly down coats all of a sudden like what happened with the dresses.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Kim Jones, now in his second season at Louis Vuitton, explained — gushed is more like it — that the late fashion illustrator Antonio Lopez was his primary source of inspiration.

Comment

• Zenith
                      • Jun 2009

This is a new shape for him, with more street attitude but also a sense of gracefulness.
                      What is this I don't even...

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

I'm actually feeling this! I like the tailoring, shirts, even the trousers. Granted some of the puffers are ridiculous, but over all I see it as a natural progression. As always we see some womens shapes filtering through as many have said. I think shucks hit the nail on the proverbial head with his comment regarding what triucky dicky proposes to wear under the tailoring, which has slowly become a key element to the past few aw and ss collections.
                        I look at tricky ricky as being a lifestyle label. Only have to look at what he sells to see this, socks, towels, furniture etc etc. I feel this just completes the circle in a way. We got sporty rick, the classic leathers n basics could be seen as day wear, and you have evening/work wear etc etc. I personally link its quite logical.
                        What does make me laugh is when he shows the usual, people moan, when he goes a bit different, people moan. You bunch of ungrateful bastards!:p saying that the puffers are just silly, but ol carol makes a ridiculous jacket which is basicallly a rectangle with sleeves, and gets praised. Whilst tricky ricky, makes a jaket with a similar neck line (although fugly, that shit will keep you warmer than a foil warpped chicken roasting in an oven) he gets slated.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Comment

• Czx
                            • Feb 2011

So much for getting my hopes up. It not that I don't like this but it is far from what I expected and from Rick that I like. I actually like some of it but I just can't help going "ugh God no" when I see those big puffers and "Fast and Furious" leathers. I don't have a clear opinion on high-waisted trousers but as of now I don't like them, and I doubt this is going to change. The tailored stuff does look nice on the other hand, I really feel the blazers, if only they would be longer. To sum it up I prefer when Rick stays in his older place, more sporty but still able to put out blazers and such that I love.
                            néant
                            Last.FM paranoia
                            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                            0 > ∞

Comment

• tron
                              • Dec 2010

Ugh there are a few items I like but overall I'm disappointed in the collection and I don't like the direction rick is moving in based off of his last few offerings...
                              "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• premierminister
                                • Jul 2008

Front row and backstage at the Rick Owens Fall/Winter 2012/13 Menswear show in Paris.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎