• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

Yohji Yamamoto Mens FW12 - paris

http://nowfashion.com/19-01-2012-yoh...show-1120.html

i have a few members in mind that are going to love this. this is the first show of the season that i've liked.
    #7 is beautiful!
    Last edited by messenoire; 01-19-2012, 02:27 PM.
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

No smarmy shit for this one, just visceral love for everything (but the brass buttons).

Dude in look 23 is just awesome. Also, those Snufkin hats make me really, really happy.

Comment

• Ivwri
      • Jun 2011

Gushing over almost everything here. Love the coats, and the use of colour throughout.

The hats look really nice too.

Will be great to handle them when they finally hit stores. I just hope that buyers don't just end up getting everything in black as usual as I would like a pair of those red pants.
      Tumblr

Comment

• Czx
        • Feb 2011

Am I the only one who immediately though "Pavarotti" when I saw look #12?

Anyways... I love this. #2 totally gets me, the only thing I'm not sure about is the hat but overall I'm totally sold on how this looks. As for the rest I find it all very equal. Even though I'm not one for colours I love how Yohji uses them. And I give big thumbs up to the influences I see here. If only I would be older I would build my wardrobe on Yohji but for now drooling haves to do.
        néant
        Last.FM paranoia
        Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
        0 > ∞

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

great .. the combination of fabrics is so appealing to me.
          I doubt anything else this week will appeal to me as much as this

I love it ,,, now i need to find (im guessing £700) to walk down to the london store and buy the pants for me for this summer.

Comment

• tron
            • Dec 2010

I'm in love with the jackets and hats. The dual collars and asymmetry and on point but it still has that classic Yohji feel. The wraps are great too but I don't like the contrast stitching. Over all I'd say it's a very appropriate offering from Yohji and well executed at that.
            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

This is really great.
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

it's good, but quite the same as always. i guess that's a good thing.

Comment

• rudo
                  • Feb 2009

I just looked through quickly and will go through more thoroughly later but This is great. I'm just not sure of the contrasting edges but the rest is good. I especially love the blue coats & maroon pants, must have them.

Like all yohji collections I would love to check out the video later to see them in motion, but the close up pics on the site above does show a bit more to get a feel of the fabric. This should be good on the racks.

Comment

• H-R
                    • May 2007

Funny, when I saw the first few looks of the show, it reminded me of the last few looks of the FW08 collection, with the voluminous cape/shawl hybrid thing and the plaid pattern. However, as I progressed through the photos, the cut and proportion of the pieces -at least from the photos provided by the above website- reminded me of the FW07 collection, with heavy layering on the top paired with cropped pants, except it's done in a different color palette, something closer to the past 2 fall/winter collections. Personally, I love the FW07 collection, so this really appeals to me, although I have to agree with wire.artist, SS12 collection is indeed a tough act to follow.

Comment

• H-R
                      • May 2007

Wire, I'll have to add though, I would totally go to parties with the suits from this collection, without any second thoughts ;)

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by wire.artist
                        these are not for going to parties, they'll make you feel at home.
                        Very well put I must say.
                        I love the last line though it seems very appropriate.

As well I especially like the caped looks. It`s nice to see the silhouette altered that much.
                        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Amazing collection, cast, music - Fur Elise mixed with contemporary songs (I don't know what those are). The fabrics looked great and the mauve, my favorite of colors that are called colors, won me over. Would love some pants and jackets. Really, really, special and it felt light and wonderful being there and I felt that the master is back. Someone, please post photos, I am running out to see Junya Watanabe.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chameleon
                            • Jun 2008

Yes, we need the pics!

Comment

• chameleon
                              • Jun 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀