X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shah
    • Jul 2009

Damir Doma Men's FW 12 - Paris

"An aura of decadence floats over the season's silhouette, suffused with dense texture & tone. Shades of russet, bone, green jasper."
    "A pale story of variegated stripes in linen lends a passage of light. Tailored jackets feature soft scarf collars or a sliced lapel"
    "Raccoon & muskrat gilets are laid over jacquard suits. Wooden beads and polished horn belts are reverent ornaments"
    "Ethnic inspired trousers are cut full & hit the ankle with a wide cuff. Tiered trenches, ponchos & a duster coat in tapestry"
    "High rumpled boots & a buckled derby meld function with pastoral elegance. A finale of kimono shirts resounds with joy."
    "With a techno-bohemian spirit, the hero dances to the beat of his own drum."

Last edited by shah; 01-21-2012, 12:50 PM.
  • shah
    • Jul 2009

Comment

• shah
      • Jul 2009

Comment

• CHRIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2006

i feel like this is what drug lords would have worn centuries ago

Comment

i'm a bit surprised. I had very low expectations, but I do think that this is quite beautiful. the first sequence is the best. i'm a bit bored by the shapes, but fabrics and patterns look beautiful

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

I actually really like this collection. He's moved further East, from the Sufi mystics to the foothills of the Himalayas. I can see that the styling might be a touch messy for some, but it seems just right to me, even the prayer beads. I was wondering when he would get to fur actually, it seems a natural step forward. Admittedly I'm not so keen on the vest, but the shoulder shrug looks awesome. The second half seems clean and typical Damir - easy store buys and stuff that will sell well.
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• shah
              • Jul 2009

Comment

• shah
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by syed View Post
                I actually really like this collection. He's moved further East, from the Sufi mystics to the foothills of the Himalayas. I can see that the styling might be a touch messy for some, but it seems just right to me, even the prayer beads. I was wondering when he would get to fur actually, it seems a natural step forward. Admittedly I'm not so keen on the vest, but the shoulder shrug looks awesome. The second half seems clean and typical Damir - easy store buys and stuff that will sell well.
                well now that the collection is all up, i'm more in agreement with you. the bear gilet was just :uhoh: but overall, the collection has departed the orientalist themes and gone even farther east. perhaps into the hindu kush, or beyond !

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

I agree that the patterns and fabrics look pretty amazing. It's definitely not the Damir most of us came to know and love back in the heyday. But that's fine. It's a well put together presentation and a cohesive line for sure...all the elements are there to make it work as an impressive season of work.

Having said that, there isn't much I find myself personally drawn to...it's been that way for me with DD for several years now so I've accepted it. This fascination he seems to have with certain cultures and time periods doesn't really blend well with my personal aesthetic but I can most definitely appreciate what he's doing.

And I kind of always got the feel that he created Silent so that he could please people like me who want more straightforward, basic materials and construction and then use his namesake label to explore and create with less constraints. So I don't dig it personally but it's nonetheless an impressive season of work in my eyes.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

Seems like he has been smoking kush!
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

The furs, jewelry, and prints reminds me of Oscar de la Renta getting all ethnic, I think those outfits would actually look great on women.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

I didn't know what to expect this year and I'm still undecided. I like the aesthetic of a lot of it but I can't see myself wearing a majority of the garments.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Full gallery of the "hi res" now fashion pics
                        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i think its funny that the only dedication he has to an idea or aesthetic is expressed in silent but not this collection of The Tudors outfits

Comment

• Nigromancy
                            • Nov 2010

A bit surprised as well. It's a brilliant mixture of things he has shown before and where he has moved on to. I especially love that sarong\skirt.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Well done. I had partially written DD off, but I'm surprised and excited to see this in person.
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎