X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
    or maybe you can touch it. or do whatever you want with it for that matter. since the face is covered, it's no longer even human -- just a sexual plaything
    I meant that you can't touch the skin, which is part of the appeal, it's a tease. A gimp is entirely covered, revealing the entire body but covering it at the same time. So you can touch their second skin, but not their actual skin. The fact that the suit is so tight, means that the gimp also feels every touch, however light, albeit through the medium of leather/latex. And like you said the covered face transforms them into a sexual plaything.

I think Thom's version is interesting, because it is the models who are revealing skin, and presented with feminized and submissive elements, who are given the gimp masks. Instead of them being presented as sexual playthings that have that element of tease (from a covered body), they are actually presenting their sexuality far more openly.

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    i was with you til you blasphemed with the jenny saville comment
    My bad, I'm not a fan either but it came to mind.
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      So, having seen the oversized upper torsos on so many runways, I wonder if Thommy here is fucking with the trend-forecasting agencies by taking things to the logical extreme. Hmmm, hmmm.
      not with respect to Thom Browne per se, but when I saw all of these shapes on the runways, I said to myself, "more than ever, I am now convinced that many of these designers are working with trend forecasting agencies"

I don't think this kind of silhouette could have come out of no where this season in all of these collections without a common source!
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• theconsumer
        • Feb 2009

Or are they trend making agencies ? Led by evil Michelinian men ?

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        not with respect to Thom Browne per se, but when I saw all of these shapes on the runways, I said to myself, "more than ever, I am now convinced that many of these designers are working with trend forecasting agencies"

I don't think this kind of silhouette could have come out of no where this season in all of these collections without a common source!

Comment

• nqth
          • Sep 2006

I remember seeing some cocoon shape coats in Stella McCartney show last winter. ppl have started talking abt haute couture silhouette for quite sometimes (I think after RS's grand skirts for Jil Sander few seasons ago). Perhaps it leads to these 50s Balenciaga things. It is present in womens collections this spring as well.

of course trend agencies must do their jobs, too.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎