Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

His best collection by far. Fucking incredible.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

kind of cool, but who is his audience? ro fans-cum-avatar cosplayers?c21 has his full run every season. the only pieces I like look like rick pieces

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I know what the Yetis will wear next Fall!

Some of it is cool though. I like the airplane-cum-coats outfits.

Sept - those are some fantastic photos - what camera do you use?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

His audience are fashion cognoscenti and Parsons design students (and St. Martins, I'm sure) and club kids with money to spend. Fits the bill, methinks.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Better than usual...but still fuckery. I can picture Ms. Lamy in every one of those outfits...not sure if that bodes well for sales. I do like the Barbarella furs tho.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

the fur seems very italian to me. the rest is pretty cool. i strangely like the high wedge, especially how the back of the wedge is very structured.
            the rick connection is obvious and with good intention. at least this collection is more refined and "wearable" than the previous seasons with the blue capes attached to everything.
            the leather strap detail coat will be interesting to see on the rack, if it is retailed, i say this because his previous strap efforts looked cheap as shit on the rack and they were major disappointments (re: white cotton legging with plastic overlay).
            did he scotch tape the models?

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

The first four models look like ROified chickens, but I actually like the collection.
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
                Unless Tumblr does something super funky to the EXIF data, NIKON D5000 and a (likely very nice) nifty fifty
                yep, my objectif is an old manual nikor 50mm. thanks for the nice comments.

otherwise, i'm curious to see this collection pieces for real. when i worked for him i was suprised by how many clothes looks actually good once wear, even on men.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  His audience are fashion cognoscenti and Parsons design students (and St. Martins, I'm sure) and club kids with money to spend. Fits the bill, methinks.
                  You would be surprised. Yeas a few people in the industry buy it, but def not a great deal of students or club kids. Prices are too high, unless u go for the printed tees etc.Much easier for them to get a GP tee from topshop. Suprisingly from my experience the customer base is rather broad, with ages ranging from 18-40+ .
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Sorry to sound pedantic, but I must point out a subtle difference between "audience" and "customer." You can kick my ass for that one next time I'm in London.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                      • Aug 2011

Emo big bird dressed in Rick Owens.

I don't mind a lot of the pieces, I'd even want to own some, but something about the collection as a whole doesn't sit well with me. That feeling has slowly crept up as I've started following his collections.

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Some parts are not great for me such as the fur on the first pictures. But overall I love it, I adhere to very square shapes and the shoes...Woot !
                        Picture 12 and 13 are very awesome to me.

Gareth Pugh is a designer that I really appreciate.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎