X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kucejoe
    • Sep 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Spring-Summer 2007 Showroom Pics

It really is a lot of basics (which, at least from what I can see, don't have an interesting twist to them). As you said, the long coat is great, and I really like the heavy knit jacket. My thinking right now is that if the stuff reaches sales and 50% off, then some of the stuff would be a great basic to pick up.

I hope they put some more stuff up, maybe some boots?

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Oooh, finally! They're wearing the metallic sneakers in the pics, makes me want them even more, I hope they'll post them for sale. That db jacket is great, too bad I already bought a fine coat for winter. The rest is a bit plain, hopefully they'll post more soon, I do like how that black button up has a semi-hidden placket, it's an interesting detail.
      Anyone know anything about her denim? I know it's not really what Ann D. is known for but I've been itching to get something basic but skinny just like this.
      http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/assets/images/english/store/men/an/denim/6263418159/6263418159.htm
      Most of my favorite demin is Dior, so I don't know if I should stick to that or branch out. How does the waist run on Ann D. stuff? I wear 30 in Dior which I know runs on the big side.
      music

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Maybe this should be in another thread but... Anyone know of a place in Chicago that sells Ann D? Until I move to New York, Chicago is the closest shopping mecca, and I will likely be going next weekend. Talking about this stuff makes me want to go out there and try it on.
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I don't know of any stores in chicago that carry her menswear. Maybe Barneys - they didn't carry her in NYC either until two seasons ago. I'd steer clear of her denim - pretty bland and ridiculously priced.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Yea, you're probably right, for that price I should get some Japanese denim, instead of some made in Tunisia. I was at Barney's in chicago about a month ago and they didn't have it, but if New York just got in it maybe they have too. They carry Martin Margiela, Balenciaga, and now Lanvin so you would think Ann D. would be next.
            music

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

So I emailed aloharag about the silver shoes, and they have them for sale offline, but unfortunately they are $600! That's way too much for sneakers, I would maybe pay half that so I'll have to look out for them during sales.
              music

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]So I emailed aloharag about the silver shoes, and they have them for sale offline, but unfortunately they are $600! That's way too much for sneakers, I would maybe pay half that so I'll have to look out for them during sales.[/quote]

That's insane.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="casem83"]So I emailed aloharag about the silver shoes, and they have them for sale offline, but unfortunately they are $600! That's way too much for sneakers, I would maybe pay half that so I'll have to look out for them during sales.[/quote]

That's insane.

[/quote]

How much were they at DSM? I tried them on cause I had never seen them before but silver clothes are too much for me. I almost never check the price before trying stuff on, just when I'm interested in buying so I have no idea how they cost.

This collection is mellower and very summery. For some reason I picture a really tall, tomboyish girl wearing it with style, but have more problem visualizing a man in those clothes. I wouldn't say they're feminine though...

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="Faust"]

That's insane.

[/quote]

How much were they at DSM? I tried them on cause I had never seen them before but silver clothes are too much for me. I almost never check the price before trying stuff on, just when I'm interested in buying so I have no idea how they cost.

This collection is mellower and very summery. For some reason I picture a really tall, tomboyish girl wearing it with style, but have more problem visualizing a man in those clothes. I wouldn't say they're feminine though...

[/quote]

I don't remember. I don't do silver (although, being Ann, she made the silver dull and dark, making it much more palatable then say past helmut lang or dior homme concoctions), so I did not look. It probably was not much cheaper.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

Comment

• cbdas
                          • Oct 2006

Is this just a sneak peak of what they are getting?Surely it wouldnt take between 3 months to get all that in the blog.So I am assuming that they will be getting more menswear from S/S then what was shown in the blog?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

More

love the pants

and absolutely love that shirt

love the bags, as usual...

but the skulls must go...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

Lovely stuff. I am going to be able to pick these up anywhere, or am I going to have to start looking into getting my stuff from Japan again, as those last photos appear to be linked from a japanese blog?
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

It all looks so casual cool. Does anyone know if they're making the feather necklace again? It was on the runway, but I don't see it in that batch of accesories. I love the fit of the pants, they look relaxed and easy to wear but still slim, just perfect. I'm definitely going to do that first look in Faust's last post, vest over tank with black pants when it gets really hot next summer. And I thought I was going to avoid getting on the vest bandwagon forever, but Ann has really sold me on it.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎