• Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Re: Julius s/s 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Unfortunately not made for 6' or taller people due to the sleeve lengths :(

[/quote]

I have to disagree, on some of the leather jackets, the riders in particular, the sleeves are intentional short. If you look through the look books of this season and past, you can see the varying sleeves on different jackets on models that are all 6' or taller. I believe Julius designs for that same ideal model frame that all designers do, no longer specializing on just their Japanese market.

But you are 110% right about the quality and fit of these jackets, I love mine to death... and easily my favorite article of clothing. No other leather jacket has come close to the greatness of this one.

That jacket in particular that you linked is a remake [slightly different] of the [my] AW06 riders jacket, dont let the measurements fool you, its true to size.

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

As with regards to the rider jacket.. I am not sure it is true to size.. this season... I can fit into both size 2 and 3.. and size 2 I can't close the zip, or barely... and it looks very nice unzipped. With size 3 I can zip up, BUT the sleeves are so wide(look at the curved cutting and zipper sleeve at the end). It look so awkward and weird. I see that this season's does not have the awkard end of the sleeve.. so I am anxious to see how it would work.. and yes they are cut really slim..

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Unfortunately not made for 6' or taller people due to the sleeve lengths :(

[/quote]

I have to disagree, on some of the leather jackets, the riders in particular, the sleeves are intentional short. If you look through the look books of this season and past, you can see the varying sleeves on different jackets on models that are all 6' or taller. I believe Julius designs for that same ideal model frame that all designers do, no longer specializing on just their Japanese market.

But you are 110% right about the quality and fit of these jackets, I love mine to death... and easily my favorite article of clothing. No other leather jacket has come close to the greatness of this one.

That jacket in particular that you linked is a remake [slightly different] of the [my] AW06 riders jacket, dont let the measurements fool you, its true to size.

[/quote]

Intentionally short? Yeah, I can see it from the photos but that's just obnoxious to me you know? After all, it's Julius... not Thom [73]

The body fit perfectly and the cut is sublime. Perfectly curved to fit the lower body.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• andrewislasorad
          • Nov 2006

I hear you... I think in the same way Dior and Thom play with the idea of 'two sizes too small' clothing, so does Julius. And I don't see why Thom is any more able to do this then the designers at Julius.

This pictures sums it up well..

The jacket fits great without restriction, but appears to on-lookers to be rock-star tight. Also the ability to show off multiple layers under the jacket at the sleeve is quite nice, especially with Rick Owens shirts[H].

In conclusion, if you don't like the shortness of the jacket, Julius offers about 5 other alternatives, with different lengths, cuts and styling. Point being, owning Julius leather = happiness ---> go get yours

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

From my experience previous season items before S/S '07 were aimed squarely at and cut for the Japanese market.

Albert, I think that's why the sleeves on the Julius fencing jacket you had would have been on the short side.

Since expanding to London and HK it'd make sense that Julius are
            modifying their ideal model frame to international standards as Andrew
            mentioned.

My A/W '07 riders has fairly long sleeves that are curved inwards. The body was also just a little elongated. It actually works very well for me as my arms are freakishly long compared to my height. I can also vouch for the top quality of the leather, construction, and finish.

And there is actually black A/W '06 riders on Y! in a size 2... :-)

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

[/quote]

buy! buy! buy! buy! [8-|]

Comment

• ionn26
                • Feb 2007

[:^)][quote user="andrewislasorad"][quote user="Avantster"]

[/quote]

buy! buy! buy! buy! [8-|]

[/quote]

I can't find it.. WHERE?

Comment

• Komakino
                  • Sep 2007

From Fall '08 I believe they are going to be adding extra sizes above and beyond a 3 to accommodate the western market.

Graham

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Andrew, great photo mate. I agree with you that something long sleeved under it comes out perfectly :) In fact, a Rick long sleeve shirt would probably be downright the most perfect thing with it!

I think in a few weeks or so I'll give a Julius leather jacket another try. Maybe something more recent both because of the style and for some sliiightly longer arms hehehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                      • Sep 2006

As regards to their leather sizing, I've heard they run abit big AW 07. So would that mean a size 1 would be like a slim 46?

Comment

• Avantster
                        ¤¤¤
                        • Sep 2006

Check your PM's ionn :-)

Honey~Blade the A/W '07 riders fits like a large 44 or a small 46, if that makes sense.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎