X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

you mean bearing one of them on those fred flinstone shirts?

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Neolithic my ass, Island was clearly Bronze Age.

Comment

• miserableman
        • Dec 2009

I think you could look at most's stores buy's from the last few seasons and not know which season it's from.

I think the runway shows now have gone so far beyond what's wearable to me that it's simply a case of waiting for the buys to see what wearable items the stores have actually bought. The downside to that is most of the items are usually re-hash's of previous stuff, the changes not being for the better in most cases.

The sneakers sum it all up I think, prior to AW10, the sneakers were actually nice looking, ever since the shape change they just get worse season after season.

Comment

• upsilonkng
          • May 2010

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
          Can't imagine why you pin it on Rick. The runway presentation was easily his most innovative/creative collection for men yet. Rick is always moving, if you've been crossing your fingers for another Crust you're the one that should wake up.
          i think crust is too high an expectation, i would gladly take another ss10 release at this point. it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's wrong w/ the store buys but if i had to put a percentage on it i would say 1% of what's been showing on the stores has any interest for me. maybe you love translucent blazers that are square, big goofy robotech coats, camo everything w/ moto necks, short moto leathers, tan waxed shorts and just plain old low top chucks but me no so much. the jackets that I can tell people actually like are the ones he does do over and over, I bet he sneaks a Berger into fw13, not the runway of course.
          I think there are still good leathers he does and i still love the shorts mostly and there was definitely improvement on the drop pants as well this past season so it's not all going to hell but ss13 sure feels like a very mild vacation.
          Lane, the leathers aren't oiled calf but they are actually pretty good, i had the waxed calf this season and i love it. the arm holes are cut higher than ever.

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

Someone saying theyd be happy with a ss10 again says a lot in my eyes.

Comment

• avout
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              Rick Owens never hated fashion, that was self-promotion.
              Of course, but people sometimes take what he says very literally.

At any rate, Crust had guys in dresses, and up there is a guy in heels, and he's done clogs since 2003, and...
              I get what you're saying, these elements are always around, getting played up or down depending on what he wants to focus on. I don't think he ever outright rejects anything. But I think Kunk and Lane have a point too. There's no question that the latest collections have played down some of the grittier, more urban themes and played up more of the softer, more primitive imagery.

I'm in the very comfortable situation of liking both those worlds, so if the next collection is all about transvestite bikers from space, that's great. If all the men look like vestal virgins, I'm down with that too.

What I don't know is whether he has enough of an audience for the "newer", less gritty stuff. I imagine there's quite a few guys like Lane and Kunk who just don't connect to this stuff anymore, regardless of how many old references remain. And I wonder how many are still excited and buying. With Dane, Patroklus and me there's at least three of us , but I'm curious to know if it balances out at all.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by avout View Post
                Of course, but people sometimes take what he says very literally.

I get what you're saying, these elements are always around, getting played up or down depending on what he wants to focus on. I don't think he ever outright rejects anything. But I think Kunk and Lane have a point too. There's no question that the latest collections have played down some of the grittier, more urban themes and played up more of the softer, more primitive imagery.

I'm in the very comfortable situation of liking both those worlds, so if the next collection is all about transvestite bikers from space, that's great. If all the men look like vestal virgins, I'm down with that too.

What I don't know is whether he has enough of an audience for the "newer", less gritty stuff. I imagine there's quite a few guys like Lane and Kunk who just don't connect to this stuff anymore, regardless of how many old references remain. And I wonder how many are still excited and buying. With Dane, Patroklus and me there's at least three of us , but I'm curious to know if it balances out at all.

what am i - INVISIBLE? i'm the same as yourself - i enjoy the whole range of the collections. (well, almost...) and i'm pretty sure mrbeuys is nowhere NEAR abandoning the brand...

i wouldn't worry about ricks sales. i have a feeling it's all going just dandy.

Comment

• Lane
                  • Aug 2010

I dont think he was referring to rick sales since neither him or you have any investment in his bank account. I believe hes talkin bout whether not overall his audience is pleased with the direction taken.

Comment

• delicious_not
                    • Dec 2012

His current direction is very appealing to me, a new customer (got my first stuff right off Mountains). I dig these street, urban vibes, hip-hop vibes even, i dig nearly formal suiting, and i'd never wear anything he did before this collection, just because the vibe is different. So i think there's nothing to discuss really, he's not becoming a bad designer with a strict number of sad fans behind - it's just tastes, and there's always a new fan to achieve, and i don't see how's it wrong. We all love different sides of Rick, that's all.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                      Change is perfectly fine, everything should evolve. I just feel like its quite a drastic shift, if you take into account what rick was fw11 ( meh season but whatevs) compared to now for example. its great that some of you like wearing dresses, clogs, and spider webs on your face, but honestly thats not what initially what attracted me to the aesthetic i dont know how one should catch flack for that.

what attracted me to rick was a certain spirit which has been lacking from the last couple seasons. Its like he woke up and became a new person or decided to just make furniture. That old spirit is gone and its been replaced with something completely different and certainly isnt in tune with his prior vision.

I mean shit, ived moved the fuck on, but its kinda saddening when you see things change for the worse (in my eyes). Also, he clearly doesnt hate fashion now.
                      I loled. Also, can't beleive you geeks remember collection names! Respect.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                        i'd never wear anything he did before this collection
                        ORLY?

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

are you a$ap rocky?

His current direction is very appealing to me, a new customer (got my first stuff right off Mountains). I dig these street, urban vibes, hip-hop vibes even, i dig nearly formal suiting, and i'd never wear anything he did before this collection, just because the vibe is different. So i think there's nothing to discuss really, he's not becoming a bad designer with a strict number of sad fans behind - it's just tastes, and there's always a new fan to achieve, and i don't see how's it wrong. We all love different sides of Rick, that's all.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

lulz!

Comment

• messiisgood
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2012

nigga rick high as fack he poped a molly and sweatin'

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

wow look at the new rick virgin... dying to see ur fits bro. preach on man, this isn't far from someone jumping on the metallica bandwagon now... i don't care about master of puppets I just really like the new whatever metallica album, it rips bro and they are rad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎