X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • empaulio
    • Mar 2009

Thanks Jogu & Verdandi.
    Thats it, wish I could have Michelle here talking over it!

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

"I wish someone had picked up on the ML point rather than the hairy legs."

This is something that I have noticed for the past few seasons. I thought it was quite obvious that Lamy is having a bigger influence on his work then ever before.

From the accessories,footwear and even some of the surface decor/details on many pieces and even the styling to some extent.

For me it has softened Ricks aesthetic slightly. More of a tribal,ethnic influence is seeping in, with a touch more restraint and for me, the results are rather chic, a bit more mature if you will.
      I was never a fan of "sporty" Rick as I rarely wear sportswear unless Im training.

I adore Lamys style, that mix of Sumerian high priestess meets post apocalyptic Boudica. The direction that Rick is going in now is exciting me, as it fits in more with my personal tastes than before, as I love the mix of soft/ethnic with hard/futurism. Two contradicting things which work together perfectly, when done well.

Hopefully he carries on in this vain because I would love to see where he takes it next. Secondly this new direction makes it slightly harder for the high street to capitalise on h as it is less commercially viable.
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• AntiMode
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        i didnt watch the ss13 collections until recently but it seems like this season way way off across the board. i liked the functionality of the skirt/dresses rick showed last season and i feel they pushed design boundaries in the right aesthetic direction within ricks universe. with the leg warmers i do not see a functional purpose but moreso they look like a frivolous design element, assuming something to connect the oddly low footwear to the rest of the silhouette. does anyone male or female wear leg warmers in the summer? i feel like this collection from the bottom half down is awful. clogs are clogs are clogs no matter what type of leather is used.
        I agree entirely

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I can't make up my mind about this show. Neither love it nor hate it. I think maybe the clogs/socks are too distracting. The bomber coat is intriguing.

I can say one thing, at least Rick is pushing the envelope. Props for that. Makes fashion interesting.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theconsumer
            • Feb 2009

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by empaulio View Post
              Thanks Jogu & Verdandi.
              Thats it, wish I could have Michelle here talking over it!
              runway track was produced by matthew stone (does the music for gareth pugh etc) - here's a link to an edited version of it

guess jeff judd isn't doing rick's music anymore? read somewhere that he was very ill...

Comment

• diorowen
                • Aug 2010

Some of the SS13 delivery is up in why-lip.

I hardly remember, but since when does the e-paulet button on the shoulder of stooges jacket gone?

The beach clog aren't that bad IMO.
                and the DRKSHDW line is worth mentioned as well.
                still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• bonejelly
                  • Jul 2008

^^ the epaulet buttons have been gone for probably 2 or 3 seasons now. makes for a much cleaner design in my opinion.

Comment

• Lane
                    • Aug 2010

epaulets gave the jacket a more rugged look, I think it subdues the style of the stooges without it, imo. Obviously one of the best ones is from exploder. This collection is weak as hell, a brown stooges is a highlight? lol

Comment

• jskidder1
                      • Jan 2011

The DRKSHDW Memphis jeans look great.

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

well, one thing that is apparent to me about rick is that he keeps the side I love about him somewhat through drkshdw .

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                          The DRKSHDW Memphis jeans look great.
                          Indeed ! I think I'll buy this when it will be available.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I don't know about the leggins-tight fit on the legs.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

The clogs and bracelets are something I will never wear, yet want very badly.

Will also be interested in camo shorts.
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lost53
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                                Indeed ! I think I'll buy this when it will be available.
                                Where can these and the rest be seen?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎