• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stemcell
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cyberthom View Post
    as if converse doesn't do leather
    damn, I saw those previewed on why-lip and I thought they were at least leather... It seems so pointless when they are so similar to his mainline, AND so similar to converse... why bother with another option? Personally I think if he is going to churn out things like this it'd be cooler to see new versions of other pieces, like a white blistered cargo basket boot or something of that sort...

Comment

• miserableman
      • Dec 2009

Why bother? Isn't the answer to that in the price? they are much cheaper than the leather version.

Also, rick has done canvas versions of this sneaker before in the mainline.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Still, they're $500 converse. At least the original dunks had the steroids. This just feels pointless.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• upsilonkng
          • May 2010

this stuff just looks worse and worse with each buy from every store... only thing is the drkshdw pants and those are $900. bleak..very bleak.. but we're just a week or so from fw13 I hope Rick wakes the fuck up.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by avout View Post
            This might be a case of owensian drift, but here the clogs look... not bad?

of course they don't. clogs on their own are just fine. and legwarmers work fine with other footwear. - it's the combo with that's a bit iffy - especially for clogs w/ open toes.

the only thing wrong with those clogs is the price.
            Last edited by Shucks; 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I will buy when 1/2 off. Was eager to see if they were in NYC shop, but not as of yet.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                this stuff just looks worse and worse with each buy from every store... only thing is the drkshdw pants and those are $900. bleak..very bleak.. but we're just a week or so from fw13 I hope Rick wakes the fuck up.
                Seriously, its like hes designing these collections specifically for patroklus

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                  Seriously, its like hes designing these collections specifically for patroklus

the fuck kinda statement is this.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

why? it's funny! patroklus would be the first to laugh.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I prefer when he designs specifically for Patroklus. That fact that some are only excited by a new style of jean-tights says to me that some vision is lacking around these parts.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• several_girls
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                          Can't imagine why you pin it on Rick. The runway presentation was easily his most innovative/creative collection for men yet. Rick is always moving, if you've been crossing your fingers for another Crust you're the one that should wake up.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                            ...if you've been crossing your fingers for another Crust you're the one that should wake up.

Comment

• avout
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              I prefer when he designs specifically for Patroklus. That fact that some are only excited by a new style of jean-tights says to me that some vision is lacking around these parts.
                              I'm mostly with you. I wouldn't even say that vision is lacking, and it is partly Rick's fault for having hammered home the idea that his collections were iterative and he just wanted to refine the same ideas over and over. When he talks about hating fashion and making clothes "with minimal chord changes", it's no wonder that so many of his followers are allergic to change.

Personally I've loved most of the recent collections (except perhaps men's Mountain) and I think his current direction is very appealing, but I do sympathize with everyone who just wants more of the same forever.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

More of the same can be had on ebay and in the classifieds. I'm all for running with a theme, but he can't make the same shit over and over again and expect people to get excited. To the critics, this past collection was the same, but for the fans, even the slightest veer off centre seems to cause panic.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎