X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • savant
    • Jul 2011

Song for the Mute SS13

Anyone have more runway photos of this label from S/S 13 ?

This looks sick.

Was only able to find this from their facebook page

Mods, please delete this thread if not appropriate

• zamb
    • Nov 2006

going to bed as its 3 am and i gotta be up at 8 in the morning
    but I saw the collection at Stealth and it was really impressive. The team really expanded on the collection and there are some seriously nice pieces including some really good looking footwear thats seems to be very well made

short ankle boots with linen over leather treatments and nice lacing featured.....

I think there will be pictures soon,
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• hallucination
      • Jan 2011

for you elders out there: simple minds '82

Comment

• eleven crows
        • Mar 2011

Long time SftM fan. The last s/s season didn't hit the mark with me, but this is bringing it back. Reminds of some past Damir seasons in some of the pieces.

Unrelated: Why is Eternal ending up in so many showroom pics? From living room Norwegian fits to all over the place.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

I can tell you the collection was really impressive this season

lots of really nice fabrics and seemingly easy to wear cuts that are very interesting and not boring
          I am happy for Melvin and Lena to see the evolution of the brand in a meaningful way..........and since Y'all know Z is a big shoe Junkie, they have some really nice shoes this season that are gonna give the regulars a serious run for their money

Eternal is not only now eternal, but omnipresent in a good way, so you will be both seeing and hearing more from him
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Sergei_S
            • Jan 2008

From what I saw from SS13 SftM is the best! I wish I could try it on. Remind me of 80's. Great collection
            I got weapons

Comment

• klue
              • Apr 2009

Hi guys,

It's been a while since we've updated this thread! Thank you for all the lovely words and support.

Just wanted to quickly share with you guys some pictures of our shoes - recently picked up a fresh pair for myself from the workshop. Took some pics with my phone so pardon the quality.

Below is 1 of the 3 styles that is going to be released for SS13.

Spiral Lace Half Boot. We used linen over calf leather which was dyed in Persimmon juice and charcoal then sun dried for 3 months to age to its colour... black versions are then overdyed but we were still able to maintain the texture of the fabric caused by the sun drying process.

close ups and details:

Will share some more pics of the other 2 styles (asymm lace derby) once I get them.

Thoroughly enjoyed the process of making these shoes. We'd like to explore it further so trying to do 4-5 styles come FW13... which hopefully will include some sneakers!

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

I'll buy that shoe^. Hoping a stockist outside of Asia carries the shoes.

Comment

• klue
                  • Apr 2009

@cows - not a inappropriate at all! Didn't need to delete your comment :)

But to answer your question - unfortunately we don't sell directly to customers yet as we're trying to build our wholesale business. Plus we only produce the garments that have been ordered by our stockists. Especially the shoes as they are all individually hand made...

We're happy to announce that starting from SS13, the range will be available through:

Boutique Roma (Zurich)
                  Eth0s (CH)
                  H.Lorenzo (US)
                  Layers (UK)
                  Podium (RUS)
                  SUUS (SPAIN)
                  Ink (HK)
                  Inhabit (SGP)

Plus all of our current ones in Australia - Dilettante, Harrolds, Pieces, Fallow etc.

Hopefully this will give more people a chance to handle our garments up close. It has taken us a while to crack onto the international market so we're very grateful to be given this opportunity by all the stores above.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

Thank you kindly for the response. The clarity and evolution of your teams vision keeps on improving and I think remains one of the most unique and creative of ones here. Glad to see the international market working out.

Would you say that one of the other styles of footwear could be a full length spiral lace boot? The lines are so natural and gorgeous.

Comment

• eleven crows
                      • Mar 2011

I'd have pm'd you, Melvin, but I figure some others may be interested in the reply too: Are the few things that have dropped for A/W 12-13 'paper hands' the entire season? And are the drop crotch asymm pants available in both linen and cotton? - Fallow and F-T having them in different materials.

Eagerly awaiting further info on S/S drops too. Is there an expected drop date yet? I'm going to have to start rubbing some pennies together if the rest is appealing as the spiral boot. They're a collab with Andrew McDonald, right?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

Still looking for that two button jacket in a big size, but the only stocklists seem to be f-t and fallow?

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

Check the Australian stockists and try emailing or calling. I've picked up some pieces from Dilettante via email.

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                            Eagerly awaiting further info on S/S drops too. Is there an expected drop date yet? I'm going to have to start rubbing some pennies together if the rest is appealing as the spiral boot. They're a collab with Andrew McDonald, right?
                            Yes the shoes are a collab with Andrew McDonald. Pretty sick if you ask me, so definitely agree on the penny-saving part.

As for ss13, lots of classic, very wearable pieces in the collection that will fit right into most wardrobes/styles. Nice clean cuts and minimalistic detailing. Fabrics are nice, and on some fairly substantial, at least for me. But then again, everything feels too thick in the hell-hole that I live in. Still, will be able to work well into fall as well, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎