• JoniF
      • May 2009

Comment

• JoniF
        • May 2009

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Love this collection, particular the #31 look.
          My favorite runway from the PFW with Gareth Pugh.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
            My favorite runway from the PFW with Gareth Pugh.
            Then you have eclectic taste.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

even though I am totally feeling the royal purple gestures this season, i cannot wrap my head or heart around this. i think the concept is "sideways" but it feels clumsy and overstuffed on the runway.
              seeing it in the flesh is what makes my desire peak...so lets see how that pans out...

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                • Sep 2009

i agree, rider - something here doesn't flow...although i'm sure it would be difficult not to love something about this once i see it in the flesh. also, is it just me, or is the lighting in these photos rather unfortunate.
                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Theme of the collection - "drunken tailor"
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

too much cut&paste / piles of fabric. all the details get lost. These looks would've been great if they accounted for a smaller part of the collection, but the full collection is too much.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

^I'm inclined to agree. It looks really messy and haphazard here...I can only assume that key to the concept is buried somewhere in the construction, which is impossible to discern from these pics.
                      btw, according to Cathy, the concept was "Crush."
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• lazyguru
                        • Jun 2008

More like ...

draw inspiration from the past - sketch - hate it - crush / rip from sketch pad - throw in trash - start over - repeat - 30 mins later - look in trash - voila INSPIRATION ! - draw

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

Faust says that Dior is dull (which is a stateable view, although I rather liked it, unlike his Helmut denim jacket which looks very dated) but this is what i find really dull. She seems to be so bored with clothes that reactionary stuff like this is all she can come up with. With a few execptions, like the last collection, most of this could have been taken from just about any of her last batch of efforts - pinning and twisting and scrunching and displacing cloth, and the odd sleeve, randomly onto the body. But mainly, there's nothing here for any "real" person (cf Gaga, ADR). Whatever comme used to be about it did leave ideas behind that could be adapted for normal intelligent women. I don't think this does - it's just grumpy showing off.

Comment

• nqth
                            • Sep 2006

someone from the showstudio talk said it looks like stuffs are vacuum packed (like they did with perfumes) and I can totally see it. I think it is also flat garments (like in the fall collection) but in a different way, when clothes are "pressed down" :) it looks really bad but in an interesting way in the (flat) pictures. I am wondering how difficult is it to make the patterns while it looks like the patterns are not important anymore when making such clothes (and every piece can be slightly different).

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              ...most of this could have been taken from just about any of her last batch of efforts...
                              my thoughts exactly...but I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing now and then. meh though.

...if you've seen one dress with extra sleeves coming out from the naval, you've seen em all.
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎