• Nov 2010

Comment

• Joh@n
      • Nov 2010

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

this is excellent.

i've been following Lemaire since I came across him in Encens, but I must say, I prefer this (presumably) non-Drira/Walter presentation. Love the first and last looks in the above post and the lace-up espadrilles would be a very useful shoe in my closet.

maybe the Hermes job has something to do with it, but he seems to have lost that overwhelming 80's vibe that made his stuff look a little too 80's/hipster...
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• surver
          • Oct 2007

i beg to differ... this is extremely uninspiring at best... the background is so much more interesting...

i think he's really butchering and cheapening hermes too... although hermes themselves aren't really doing very well to uphold their integrity and 'class' by stooping down to cater to all the nouveau riche... it has essentially become another LV...

Comment

• Joh@n
            • Nov 2010

His spring collections usually lack the calm sophistication and the dramatic feeling of his fall collections. This one is no exception.

Same goes for his work at Hermès.

That being said, I think this is a pretty nice and sexy collection. So I like it.

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

I'ld like to be as fast as Cristophe Lemaitre.
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

this is really lovely, thanks for posting here. beautiful muted colours, simple, neat cutting, interesting details, and unshowy and modest.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                  this is excellent.

i've been following Lemaire since I came across him in Encens, but I must say, I prefer this (presumably) non-Drira/Walter presentation. Love the first and last looks in the above post and the lace-up espadrilles would be a very useful shoe in my closet.

maybe the Hermes job has something to do with it, but he seems to have lost that overwhelming 80's vibe that made his stuff look a little too 80's/hipster...
                  Naturally Totally agree on all accounts. He's definitely on my radar as well, but I am all for leaving the 80s in the 80s.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎